PDA

View Full Version : Laggy snail to Speed of light Infinite Dragooon!

Royko Sothenic
06-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Well i am happy to say I got my new rig, I was really hoping for massive fps so I could start frapsing and releasing vids. Problem now is my FPS is to high that it affects my monitor and creates tearing (horizontal flickering when over 200 fps) Ive found afew fixes but neither that i want to use, one is change monitor to old smaller one, it works! or use vcync which clocks me to 60fps still keeping good permormance but mouse feels really slow for some reason.

So no more pushing me around, I am now officialy going to kick ass :)

On low settings i max out at 500fps
Ive decided though to play on max settings and high shadows, I was running around yssam last night on max everything and high shadows and frapsing and still getting between 200-400 fps :)

The spec i went for is:

i5 2005k Overclocked to 4.6ghz
Sabertooth p67
GTX560ti Twin Frozer II OC
8 gig ram
Coolermaster HAF X case (which i recomend to everyone it is a beast)

Hope to see you on the end of my blade / fraps
:D

Jaidyn Sothenic
06-21-2011, 07:57 AM
I get that flicker also, if you have an option for smooth framerate turn it off and that should get rid of it, although some games don't have that option. :)
I know this fixed it in Mortal Online, havent looked in other games.

Elagost Thego
06-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Nice! Pretty similar to my setup to be honest. I have no problems with the flicker though =/ I run DF at around 200-300 fps on mid settings.

Royko Sothenic
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
I found the shadows annoying today as i had a fight and he kept hiding and i couldnt see shit due to shadows so i turned them off, everything else on max and its steady at 500! i also changed monitor to a smaller one and its fine so will need to get a different monitor it seems.

Falesh Helithian
06-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Upload some pvp vids!

Royko Sothenic
06-21-2011, 03:52 PM
i havnt got alot of footage because i didnt play at all yesterday spent the whole evening trying to sort the issue out.
i also need to learn how to use sony veges first.

Tarek Bane
06-22-2011, 03:36 PM
"So no more pushing me around, I am now officialy going to kick ass :)"

remind me when did this ever happen, lol Ive seen you do far to many 3v1's to get away with that statement!

Royko Sothenic
06-22-2011, 03:38 PM
lol it was a joke, you not missing DF tarek?

Tarek Bane
06-29-2011, 12:26 PM
I do miss the game, and will return soon :) its just a shame im no good at it, lol