PDA

View Full Version : Wessex and Darkfall

Royko Sothenic
06-15-2011, 02:14 PM
I see people are still interested in Darkfall or atleast Darkfall 2, and i am sure you all are having a good break from Darkfall and that can only make things better for a stronger and more motivated return.

If this is the case and people are motivated to carry on where we left off then i would like to be apart of that, I think we can safely say we learnt alot from Wessex last visit on Agon and things would only go from strength to strength, but of course things would have to be better prepared and we would need alot more help this time around as that was my main reason for packing it in as it was a mega burn out.

What are your guys opinions on a return when DFArena is released, do we still have the commitment needed to make a return sucessfull?

I still have the time and motivation to make this work, but as some of you know, i am motivated alot by other peoples motivation, when people start to tear away thats when i lose interest.

Opinions?

Falesh Helithian
06-15-2011, 03:35 PM
I was unsure if the guild would be able to make a comeback when everything went pear shaped but I think that we can now. My reasoning is that there are quite a few people who have expressed a committed to coming back when Wessex returns and we can add the Raged guys on top of that since most will come back if we do.

One thing I have been thinking about is the type of guild we want to make. The old Wessex was a big guild striving to get bigger still. This took a lot of work from recruitment to managing all those people. We know from Raged that we can have a lot of fun with a very small number of people, what we could do is start from that kind of base and take it easy on expansion. If we take things more slowly there should be less pressure, more time to find people to do the jobs and also people should have less of that terrible inclination that the guild should hold their hand all the time.

You all know my limitations but within those I am committed to making this work. If you take the core Raged guys and the core Wessex ones then you are left with a fairly small but excellent base upon which to build a fun guild.

Royko Sothenic
06-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Well like i said, if we prepare properly this time around we can makes things alot easier for ourselfs.

We rushed afew things last time and if we make the comeback for DFarena then we have the time now to find solutions to the things that either didnt work or things we didnt try, it would be important for us to build our core before we start. I have my opinions on what i thought worked and what i beleive we did wrong and even the bad decisions we made in aquiring Shargal and then Aradoth.

Yeh we was rushing recruitment, that was our biggest problem, because we would recruit many many new players, who then played for 1 day or 1 week and never saw them again, so it was alot of work for sarek and co to recruit them, sort there forum out all for them to just leave, so i beleive we should have skill requirments to join, nothing major, just something that proves that they have been playing for atleast afew weeks, and absolutely no trial accounts!!

I am also a fan of keeping the roster clean, inactive players removed because this simplifies things in my opinion, makes taxing easier and its also easier to keep track of how our clan is developing.

Falesh Helithian
06-16-2011, 01:48 PM
We should probably make this an open discussion to encourage members who may not think we will get back together in DF, unless you want to iron out some leadership things first?

Royko Sothenic
06-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Id like to iron out alot of things. firstly if we are going to do it then i would like to see if tars is fully commited to the idea and of course anyone else who we think might be interested in helping us lead wsx in darkfall. Because if the commitment isnt there 100% then its a bad idea to go ahead with it.

Jaidyn Sothenic
06-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I sadly can't see myself joining you.
I am so busy and have none to very little time for gaming. What time I do have will be spent playing cRPG.

Sarek Bane
06-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Too pissed off with AV's lack of customer respect. They need to look out the window in Greece at the 40% unemployment to be honest, no way to run a business.

Tarscanian Sothenic
06-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Hi Guys,

I will be there for sure, When i have my internet connection backup (23rd June) I will contact you and we will have a chat about how we attempt this................again :)

Tars

Malachi Drake
06-17-2011, 01:11 PM
This is a topic that raises the spirirts!

Royko Sothenic
06-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Maybe Tars should post something small, just so we dont lose anymore members, if you announce some sort of return without actually saying when, we might be able to keep the very few who are still playing under wessex, i am sure we will get most of the guys back like lonlan, max, nangar, hytek ect.

Falesh Helithian
06-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Personally I think it would be better to lay it out that we plan to come back for the expansion if that is what we decide, and I think that is probably best. That way people can go and have fun and know when to come back rather then hanging on and on and thus having months of poor guild experience in their memory.

Royko Sothenic
06-18-2011, 08:43 PM
yes thats true only poroblem with that is some people may then become loyal to there current clans and not come back.

Falesh Helithian
06-18-2011, 09:15 PM
That's certainly a danger but I think it's better in the long run to be open about it. Even if we do lose more by the time the expansion hits I'm confident we will still have enough to make at least a great fun small scale guild. With that base people will come to us after seeing our epic vids and hearing about our awesome fighting powers. ;)

Royko Sothenic
06-18-2011, 10:22 PM
And then you woke up :)

Cenris Hildur
06-19-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm up for starting something up again, feeling like playing again. My A2 exams finish on 27th June, after that I'm free as a bird.

Royko Sothenic
06-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Ok so for those still interested in Darkfall, well have a leaders meeting Sunday 26th June to discuss eveything, say 8:00pm GMT.

Let me know if you cant make this date/time.

Falesh Helithian
06-20-2011, 10:56 AM
I can make it.

Royko Sothenic
06-25-2011, 06:26 PM
reminder, meeting on sunday at 8pm