PDA

View Full Version : Grant of Arms for Sir Otto Osterwind

Sir Levald Aurelius
06-09-2011, 02:45 PM
TO ALL AND SINGULAR to whom these presents shall come, I, Levald Aurelius, Herald Emcee of the College of Arms, of the Kingdom of Wessex send greetings.

WHEREAS Otto Osterwind has shown Gallantry and Dedication during his esquirage to Sir Bastor Sharpeye, he has this while been knighted and elevated to the rank of Cavalier. Subsequently, he was desirous of having Letters Patent of Armorial Ensigns granted and appointed unto him and duly recorded in His Majesty's College of Arms, and accordingly did rightly request the favor of His Majesty’s Warrant for our granting and assigning such Arms.

AND FOREASMUCH as His Majesty, King Manus did by Warrant under his hand and Seal authorize and direct me to grant and assign such Arms and Crest and in the same Patent such Device and Badge accordingly, Know Ye therefore that I in pursuance of His Majesty's Warrant and by virtue of the Letters Patent granted by The King's Most Excellent Majesty do by these Presents grant and assign unto the said Otto Osterwind, Cavalier of the Royal Garrison the Arms following,

http://www.duchyofwessex.org/sigs/Otto.png

THAT IS TO SAY: Per pale Argent and Orange, a Cross pattée counterchanged, under a Helmet; wreathed by a Torse with Mantling in alternating bands of the liveries of the Escutcheon; surmounted by a Raven close, Sable, holding in one claw a Fleur de Lys, Or; On both sides as supporters two rampant Stallions, dexter a Bullhorse and sinister a Jotun, both proper, are emblazoned; each standing on an arabesque of ribbon, Or, on which is subscribed the Motto "Dictum Meum Pactum" ("My Word is My Bond"); the whole of which comprises the Heraldic Achievement.

THESE MAY BE BORNE and used forever hereafter by the said Otto Osterwind and by his Descendants with their due and proper differences according to the Laws of Arms. In witness whereof I have to these Presents subscribed my name, by the Grace of Our Radiant Heavenly Lord and His Majesty, the King of Wessex.

http://www.duchyofwessex.org/sigs/wsx_seal_green.gif

Levald Aurelius
Herald Emcee
of the College of Arms
of the Duchy of Wessex

Sir Levald Aurelius
06-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Please credit Laylah for this wonderful Blazon.