PDA

View Full Version : Mount and blade warband

Tarscanian Sothenic
04-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi all,
just having a go at warband crpg mod tonight if any fancy it

Sarek Bane
04-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Installing now, have steam version so where do I get the mod from?

Tarscanian Sothenic
04-21-2011, 05:27 PM
on the main forums i think Kaylem directed me to it i will get him to post it

Jaidyn Sothenic
04-21-2011, 05:43 PM
http://www.c-rpg.net/

okay heres the instructions on easy mode

1: Make sure the game is patched to 1.134
2: download the mod and place into the Modules folder inside the M&B folder (If you use steam then talk to me on mumble)
3: Load up the game and make sure you select the crpg mod
4: Create your profile and use this template Sir_Kaylem_of_Wessex (Sir as I am a knight, if you don't hold a position then just say Elagost_of_Wessex, Brother_Tarek_of_Wessex)
Think thats clear enough :)

5: Login to a crpg server, once in game play 1 round then log out and close the game
6: Login into http://www.c-rpg.net/ with your full user name including the _
7: Add a password of your choice, don't use your normal original passwords as there is no ***** to hide it.
8: Once logged in look over your character sheet, you can gain levels and add attributes, skills and weapon points (You start with a few so add them)
9: Check out the items part, you can buy weapons once you gain gold, thenin the My Inventry part you add your equipment to your starter equipment

Think thats it :)

Manus Dei
04-21-2011, 11:16 PM
I have been playing Warband quite often the past few weeks, and it would be great to play with you. How persistent is the CRPG world?

What stats are worth training? Since everyone is a player is leadership not a necessary skill? Obviously trade wouldn't be, nor looting?

Elagost Thego
04-22-2011, 02:27 AM
It would be an honour to have you fight alongside us all Your Majesty. The only real persistence in the game would be the levelling system and browser based shop. Other than that, the game runs very much like multi-player. It is nothing like the single-player game unfortunately, although I am sure we would all be delighted to play that in multi-player.

There are 2 attributes. Strength and agility. I don't need to go into much detail about them as you can probably guess which playstyles they suit but one thing to note, agility will increase both movement and attack speed. It is probably best to keep them fairly even.

The skills list has also been dumbed down a bit from the singleplayer list. Skills that would affect your own army of npc's such as leadership, prisoner management etc. are null in cRPG as it is focused on the multi-player aspect.

Jaidyn Sothenic
04-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Well its more PVP based but in this mod it does also have an online conquest mode, where you compete for citys in game, hire armys etc like the SP. But when you have a battle its team v team. Its complicated as I know little of it myself. But I do know the side part of it is conquest which you may well enjoy
:)

As for skills it all depends on what you wish to fight like.
We have been told to aim for 18 str and 18 ability, then after that carry on in either of the 2 stats.

Elagost Thego
04-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Well its more PVP based but in this mod it does also have an online conquest mode, where you compete for citys in game, hire armys etc like the SP. But when you have a battle its team v team. Its complicated as I know little of it myself. But I do know the side part of it is conquest which you may well enjoy
:)

As for skills it all depends on what you wish to fight like.
We have been told to aim for 18 str and 18 ability, then after that carry on in either of the 2 stats.

Huh, I didn't know there's a conquest mode... Sounds fun :)

Jaidyn Sothenic
04-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah you need a good clan with solid numbers, or you can hire mercs.

Manus Dei
04-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Is it a special server for that mod?

Elagost Thego
04-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Is it a special server for that mod?

Yes there are designated servers for cRPG mod. If you check the server list you will see a tab at the top next to server name, called module.

There are different game modes too although sieges seem to be the favourite.

Ether Rael
04-22-2011, 12:45 PM
So um, everyone's playing a multiplayer, hack n slash, F/TPS style medieval combat game with persistent stats and a conquest system.

Riiiight :)

Jaidyn Sothenic
04-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Heres a link to the Wessex banner we are using

http://duchyofwessex.org/images/wsxbanner.rar

unrar then place the file from the new folder to your Modules/crpg/textures folder.
Then when you load up M&B go to multiplayer then edit your profile, select ok then done, and then find the new Wessex banner.

All done!

I've included a backup for you.
Will add some screenshots soon

Jaidyn Sothenic
04-22-2011, 04:32 PM
A screenshot

And the banner itself

Otto Osterwind
04-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Getting it all set-up now. Great looking banner!

Jaidyn Sothenic
04-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Nice one Otto, and thanks :)

Jaidyn Sothenic
04-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Were on mumble

demeter.mumble-serveur.com

Otto Osterwind
04-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Tried getting on the mumble but apparently I have an invalid password for the server.

Juko Arcuri
04-22-2011, 07:34 PM
This all looks very interesting...I think I'm going to jump right on in. Looking forward to fighting alongside his Grace!

Alexander TheDutch
04-22-2011, 08:13 PM
it looks really great. thnx kaylem for making the banner.

Jaidyn Sothenic
04-23-2011, 12:43 AM
It's hard being this sexy

http://duchyofwessex.org/images/kaylemisabeast.jpg

Jaidyn Sothenic
04-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Sorry Otto, here it is pacific8

Also new post up in general chat regarding the game

Rhygar apGwynn
04-27-2011, 07:48 PM
It's hard being this sexy

http://duchyofwessex.org/images/kaylemisabeast.jpg