Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heresy of Lucius?

Default The Heresy of Lucius?

given that ESO has an established dogma I believe we should incorporate equivalencies into our lore. Akatosh would be our equivalent to Soldeus, and Talos being the ascended one would be Lucius.

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Levald Aurelius View Post
    given that ESO has an established dogma I believe we should incorporate equivalencies into our lore. Akatosh would be our equivalent to Soldeus, and Talos being the ascended one would be Lucius.

"Lucius" is not canon. That's a heresy.

I believe in Elder Scrolls lore, the Sun is technically "Magnus", with Julianos sometimes having an Apollo-like role.

Varrick ChaosWielder is offline Former Parson of the Holy Church of Sol Invictus
    Convicted of treason by His Grace, Bernardo Orienne
    Esteemed Guest

His Majesty is correct. The Cult of Lucius was brought forward many years ago by The Usurper. While the Cult is mostly "harmless" and thus the Church chooses to let it be in the sake of avoiding an all-out war with the people at the time, it would be heresy to grant him official status within the lore. See the Cult of Lucius and the Church of Soldeus a little like... Protestant and Catholic.

I do believe it would be beneficial to incorporate our lore with the dogma of ESO, but it has to be done right. As I am currently recovering from multiple strokes, I will need a few weeks (if not months) rest. Maybe I can try when I feel a bit better.
    Yours respectfully in Soldeus,
    His Excellency, The Reverend Father Varrick ChaosWielder, Abbot of the Church of Soldeus
    Head of the Church of Soldeus|The Parson of Nave|Retired Chancellor of Wessex
    http://s10.postimg.org/pnqxqqgvt/var...oswielder2.png

Quote Originally Posted by Manus Dei View Post
    "Lucius" is not canon. That's a heresy.

I believe in Elder Scrolls lore, the Sun is technically "Magnus", with Julianos sometimes having an Apollo-like role.
    I sm not sure if this is the right place to raise these concerns as I am not choosing to play ESO.

Forgive me for this double-you-tee-eff moment I am experiencing, Your Majesty. The comment of "Lucius is a heresy" strikes me as shocking at minimum.

This is what I have been preaching for the past seven months in Mortal Online. This was the premise upon joining the Clergy. This is what I've been collecting donations for. This is what I've been writing in-game books for over tens of painstaking, no backspace ability hours for.

Now it is heresy?

To add on what Father Varrick said. I thought the works of the Usurper is ok before he turned to the Dark Side. I thought the Sol Invictus was the heresy? I thought Lucius, considering his name is splattered all over the dogma, was a prominant figure in our belief.

If anybody can offer some reconciliation on this purely perceived contradiction it would be most helpful.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Azidano Valkran View Post
    I sm not sure if this is the right place to raise these concerns as I am not choosing to play ESO.

Forgive me for this double-you-tee-eff moment I am experiencing, Your Majesty. The comment of "Lucius is a heresy" strikes me as shocking at minimum.

This is what I have been preaching for the past seven months in Mortal Online. This was the premise upon joining the Clergy. This is what I've been collecting donations for. This is what I've been writing in-game books for over tens of painstaking, no backspace ability hours for.

Now it is heresy?

To add on what Father Varrick said. I thought the works of the Usurper is ok before he turned to the Dark Side. I thought the Sol Invictus was the heresy? I thought Lucius, considering his name is splattered all over the dogma, was a prominant figure in our belief.

If anybody can offer some reconciliation on this purely perceived contradiction it would be most helpful.

Many thanks.
    Perhaps this important discussion could be moved to an appropriate forum, together with the posts on the subject made in the incorrect Church forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Camarro Valkran View Post
    Perhaps this important discussion could be moved to an appropriate forum, together with the posts on the subject made in the incorrect Church forum.
    While not part of this discussion, I want to remind Azidano that if he gets excommunicated by the Church of Wessex, I would still consider giving him communion -and- to state generally that what has been seen cannot be unseen.
    Casilda Tametomo, Herald of the Aegis Imperium,
    «Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser, Bettler oder Kaiser? Ob Arm, ob Reich, im Tode gleich.

Quote Originally Posted by Casilda Tametomo View Post
    While not part of this discussion, I want to remind Azidano that if he gets excommunicated by the Church of Wessex, I would still consider giving him communion -and- to state generally that what has been seen cannot be unseen.
    I believe that the excommunicant may attend the service of communion but not receive the sacrament. Anyone giving him or her communion risks interdict themselves. On the subject of unseeing what has been seen, I am assured that it is entirely possible given sufficient motivation - an "act of faith" as one might say.

I didn't mean to derail the thread.

If somebody with administrative Ability would like to extract the relevant posts into another thread in the Church of Soldeus, it would bring this topic back on track, and allow me to voice my concerns.

Varrick ChaosWielder is offline Former Parson of the Holy Church of Sol Invictus
    Convicted of treason by His Grace, Bernardo Orienne
    Esteemed Guest

I believe what may be useful is if the King has a fireside chat with all the Clergy. Myself, I am confused on certain aspects, and im supposed to be the expert.

Your Majesty, is this something you would be open to?
    Yours respectfully in Soldeus,
    His Excellency, The Reverend Father Varrick ChaosWielder, Abbot of the Church of Soldeus
    Head of the Church of Soldeus|The Parson of Nave|Retired Chancellor of Wessex
    http://s10.postimg.org/pnqxqqgvt/var...oswielder2.png

Quote Originally Posted by Varrick ChaosWielder View Post
    I believe what may be useful is if the King has a fireside chat with all the Clergy. Myself, I am confused on certain aspects, and im supposed to be the expert.

Your Majesty, is this something you would be open to?
    This is an excellent suggestion, Reverend Father.

Our religion is full of culture, full of history. All of its complexities are something I cherish and give it the substance that I feel no other in-game religion has been able to achieve. We even have a schism! And as such, it is really something I cherish, which would probably explain my passionate outburst.

I am eager to learn more from the Head of the Church, His Majesty, Duke Manus Dei.

Thread Information