WARNING - Theory Crafting Follows.

Transfers cost 35 source area - and give you 33.5 to the target area. In other words, 35 mana = 33.5 stamina. This makes it a new loss to cast a transfer in combat. If you are eating food, then the loss becomes net neutral (at least with baked potatoes).

After doing some research, it is not that costly to turn that net loss into a net gain. I found the following thread and put it to the test: https://forums.darkfallonline.com/sh...73#post6010173

For 36 prowess you can raise a transfer from 0 to 25. I confirmed that it did raise the gain on a transfer by .1

I did not test whether you also gained .1 from raising your Wisdom to 25, but I did confirm that if you raise it to 32, you gain .2. The cost was 435 prowess. Right now my transfers are at 7 a pop. To raise a skill from 25 to 50 takes 117 prowess, and to go to 75 takes 426 prowess.

Perhaps Audin can chime in here on what his transfers are at with his wisdom level, but raising your transfers so that you gain instead of lose means you can recover stats faster in a fight and take advantage of the food you eat and the potions you swallow. The Wis also increases your self heal by the same amount.