+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your Beta Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhal Altus View Post
    How many trolls and what kind did you kill?

I killed about 40 regular ones by Sandbrook and only got onions and potatoes.
    These were the southern trolls of Sandbrook. I have dealt with the northern trolls of Sandbrook as well, and found them to be stingy as well as snooty. The southern trolls were much more hospital.
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

I haven't been able to play much due to work/baby but to me it seems so far from finished. I know someone said they liked the new UI but I find it far worse than before. Its even worse than Mortal Online (which I have to say shows just how much I don't like this one). My frame rate and everything has also been pretty bad but I can mostly attribute that to the fact the game is in debug mode and my system may not be as powerful as it needs to be but I definitely don't see this releasing when they said it would.

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

If you're in game, don't forget to send an application to the clan. While you play and gain feat experience, that experience boosts the whole clan and speeds our ability to take a stone, so the sooner you get accepted before going out to play or harvest, the better.

There are some things I find improved this time, and they are:

the UI - the two radial wheels are very convenient. Once you get used to it you can switch quickly between the things you need and stay keen in a fight.

The new class balance. It actually gives a "role" system to combat, and as far as the duchy is concerned, it does more: it gives a reason for there to be bowmen and footmen, and even cavalry. Skirmishers get tremendous advantages with ranged weapons, and I could see a reason for a very skilled one to be considered a ranger. Also, while swinging from a mount, damage is potentially 4x more, which finally gives a reason for Wessex heavy cavalry.

The ability to receive revenue from "tenants" on player housing. There are plots without clanstones that we always wanted that could serve as knight's fiefs or boroughs.

There are some annoying things that haven't improved, though, and for me those would be

Long March still has a tunnel going right under its walls. Not taking that this time.

Mounts are still "craftable" and collapse to a figurine.

PVP, although a bit more clever and based on powers and abilities now, is still horribly timed. You will never be able to block before a hit registers. Blocking is only for approaching archers or tanking.

The problem with those "tenants" is whoever happens to find a house deed can claim those houses and the controlling clan has no say in who actually lives there.

As for Long march, I suspect those walls surrounding the tunnel will indeed keep people out. Hopefully someone (if not us) will take that city this beta and build those walls so that we can test it.

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

I remember it had those walls around the hole before, and, just as before, we were sure that the developers would have provided a way to seal it off. But no, there are just open walls at that part.

Someone posted (which means it may not be true), that the radial arms were designed this way to stop mages from macroing their attack sequence. I don't see how it is much different then the traditional hot key layout, but I do like it.
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

I suggest asking a developer about Longmarch instead of wasting time building it ourselves just to see. We can 'test" city building in any other city we wish, Brando mentioned there's possibly no starting cities in Mirdain/Alfar lands so we could have free reign out there.

Aye both areas are lacking in starter zones.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information