+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Darkfall UW - Wipe or no wipe?

Where is the video of this duel which has the funky PVP music and the FIRE-KICK?
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 10-19-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

I just had hoped that they would make mounts viable this time without nerfing them...

Quote Originally Posted by Celiah Ailey View Post
    Well, I don't know. It's been so long ago. I've always hoped there would be room for cavalry specializations in an expansion to Darkfall, but there has never been anything apart from adding new mounts, but that's not what I was hoping for. The devs only nerfed the playstyle and dumbed down mounts to a feeble situational role. I tried for a long time to stay on my horse, but it got increasingly harder to play like that when AoE spells and witches brew became standard. Perhaps Darkfall Unholy Wars will feature a cavalry specialization, but we have heard nothing about it. I suppose it's not going to happen. However, maybe the entire redesign of the combat system will somehow affect the effectiveness of mounted combat and it will be viable again. We'll have to wait and see. Why, did you have something particular in mind?
    Hah, it was you that dueled Haeso wasn't it? I was there for that... I think I recall you using 6-10 mounts throughout the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Valens Bellator View Post
    Hah, it was you that dueled Haeso wasn't it? I was there for that... I think I recall you using 6-10 mounts throughout the fight.
    Yes, that was me! And now I will play together with Haeso Legaude1. ;D
    You were there for the duel? That's really awesome. I remember it so vividly. The beautiful grassland and the hilltops. Lol. Early game Darkfall was so full immersive and so full of impressions. What a fantastic time. I want to relive some of that magic.

Yeah I was there; it seemed like half the server turned out for that one. Those were indeed fun times.

Darkfall: Unholy Wars is going to be pretty memorable. You should call on everyone you know and invite them to Wessex. We're in for some epic times and I seriously think people are missing out if they don't play.

To be honest, I can't even begin to understand how you ended up aligning yourself with Hyperion and Wessex. I recall you were about the most vocal opponent of both on the Darkfall forums back in the day lol.

Glad to see you've had a change of heart.

Anyway, I remember you quite well as I was a member of Kirdain and we lived in Yssam for a stretch there.

Obviously he is a sneaky spy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrendis Varen View Post
    Obviously he is a sneaky spy!
    Yes, his signature mirrors the subtle, under-the-radar style that most spies favor!

Hahahahaha

Yes, indeed, my signature is super subtle! It's so subtle that it defines subtlety.

On a more serious note, Valens, I was against Hyperion for two reasons. I was forced out of the clan after being a member for 1 year and putting in a staggering amount of effort into it. Also, I was disappointed that Hyperion took such a warmongering approach to the game. I was hoping that there would be more social elements to it because Wessex is such an intricately structured clan. However, Darkfall was/is SERIOUSLY oriented around warfare. And I can't say I had much insight into that at the time. But I've come to understand that Darkfall is seriously limited on the sandbox part, so you almost have to focus heavily on conquest in order to have fun and be great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information