+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Take a look..

Malachi Drake is offline The Usurper
    Former Bishop of Wessex

The History movie plays to my love of Hyperion in DF and also LOTR . Now I am in the mood for some adventures.

Is the combat the same, run around in circles hopping and slashing? Hopefully EOC's combat is better than DF and MO.

Combat is about the same but they are adding momentum and crosshair wobble , so it will change slightly, I understand its not everyones cup of tea but i prefer darkfalls combat system to MO or games like mount and blade.

Features will be added like weapon trails when attacking that also serve to visualize damage arcs and also the blood spatter visuals have been reworked.

Some interesting info here for anyone who does not know

This is far from everything that’s going in to Darkfall 2.0, or what is changing. These are some of the points we’ll be giving more details on and discussing with you in the weeks to come.

Character skill set customization and role selection through the implementation of Darkfall’s new armor system and through attribute boost via achievements: What armor you wear greatly affects which skills you can use effectively and it makes others ineffective. You’re highly specialized in one role making your character extremely efficient and effective in that role. The major attribute boost works exponentially to give your character access to special items and weapons setting him further apart from the hybrids. New skills are going to be added, and redundant ones will be removed from the game.

Skill and attribute gains have changed considerably. If a new player focuses on a single role, he will excel at that role in a relatively short time frame through casual play. More options and more roles will become available to him. Players can use one specialization at a time however.

Crafting System Overhaul: More customization options, visual cues as to what players are wielding as equipment rank is visually distinguishable. Increased importance of rare ores through infusion of other materials and closer correlation of ore rank and equipment rank. Gems are also a lot more important since they’ll be used in enchanting.

There’s a great increase in player housing spots and a more meaningful connection between villages and player holdings.

The world map has been completely changed. This isn’t simply about moving locations around, it’s about changing the geography of the world. Monster spawns have been redistributed so they are more relevant, and all NPC and player holdings have been completely redesigned.

Combat dynamics are much more tactical now. Changes affect several skills like blocking and disabling blow, and introduce new mechanics such as momentum and crosshair wobble.

Complete redesign of the magic schools and their physics with clearly defined roles to spells, opposing magic schools, ability to assume different roles in combination with the attribute boost system (damage dealer, healer etc.). The magic system is built to promote cooperation among players.

Complete redesign of most dungeons. New dynamic elements such as traps, moving objects and one-way doors have been implemented.
    Changes to the grid of teleportation chambers. No chambers exist in player holdings anymore and they are strategically placed to enhance PvP tactics.

More changes to the Alignment system: Lawful areas are limited to the immediate vicinity of racial capitals and surrounding NPC faction cities. There’s an increase in the lawful area protection with increased tower coverage.
    The incapacitation system (gank/decapitation/revive rules) is revised in order to improve player PvP and PvE experience.

There have been adjustments to physics to achieve more realistic results.
    All item properties, numeric values, calculation formulas and the like are completely redone.

We’ve introduced a new Graphical User Interface which includes both new visual elements and new functionality. It offers a streamlined experience to the players alleviating all shortcomings of the previous one.

A new map tool with a lot of information added including vendor locations and items for sale.

Serious improvements to the new player experience, including training quests on all basic aspects of the game.

More changes to the new siege system we’ve already described.

Redesigned monsters, monster families, monster abilities, and all loot tables redone from scratch.

A new lighting system and new visual effects.

New environmental audio system and many additions and replacements to existing sounds. New area based music.

Changes in models, textures, animations and most visual aspects of the game.

Is there any date announced yet when DF2 shall be released? (Kinda excited about it after I watched some gameplay videos of DF1)

5. Default

ETA wise "early access beta is planned for Q2 2012, right after closed beta." Take that with a pinch of salt though as dates can slip.

Okay cool thanks! So I guess the open beta will take another quarter at least. Q3 or early Q4 for release would be perfect for me though as I'll start university in September and will have my own flat with good internet connection. (Second thought: Shit, have to go to university also xD )

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information