+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: been listening to darkfall mumble IM curious

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylem Sothenic View Post
    I don't have many spells and I compete, I have 7 buffs and some conversion spells. I only buff before a fight so it's not like I cast them all the time.
    ahh yea I see, was worried have to be full wizard. laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Cenris Hildur View Post
    Aikar do you play Darkfall?
    Yes I play.

What I mean now is that the game its not like at release that with mana to stamina and a couple heal spells you could do really well.
    Now you need all magic schools for buffs, then you have the "utility" spells like begone/sharpnel/confusion/eye rot/wof and some more including sacrifice/heal other... Some of them are essential for group pvp specially some buff others (hastes/melee prots).
    Then if you take 2-3 rays at 75+ you can do a lot more on the backs of ppl than simply archery.

Of course you can feel "competitive" in group with much less than that but its only because you have vets that strenghen the team, but a group of 10-15 people that have little more than masteries are just food to a group of 5 average players with all kind of buffs and crowd control spells.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Aikar View Post
    Yes I play.

What I mean now is that the game its not like at release that with mana to stamina and a couple heal spells you could do really well.
    Now you need all magic schools for buffs, then you have the "utility" spells like begone/sharpnel/confusion/eye rot/wof and some more including sacrifice/heal other... Some of them are essential for group pvp specially some buff others (hastes/melee prots).
    Then if you take 2-3 rays at 75+ you can do a lot more on the backs of ppl than simply archery.

Of course you can feel "competitive" in group with much less than that but its only because you have vets that strenghen the team, but a group of 10-15 people that have little more than masteries are just food to a group of 5 average players with all kind of buffs and crowd control spells.
    A lot of the old Acheron/Raged players used to fight as Destroyers with very few spells and we did well. In 1v1 having more spells can be an advantage but you can still be way better then simply "competitive" with very few spells as the following vid shows:

http://www.own3d.tv/watch/51822

In groups if you have mastery, heal other and sacrifice you can do extremely well a Destroyer.

Nice video!

Quote Originally Posted by Aikar View Post
    Yes I play.

Why, hello again Sir Aikar

Our pvp is based around veteran pvp'ers and tactical group pvp in a way that even our new trial account players feel like they contributed in a fight because they quite frankly did.

Tactical pvp in Darkfall is a treasure to behold and our Garrison is something that I am proud to watch in action.

While I welcome you to our forums, I ask you graciously not to talk badly of a game our members enjoy lest you put off new players, who I might add are "having a blast"

Quote Originally Posted by Raize Sothenic View Post
    Why, hello again Sir Aikar

Our pvp is based around veteran pvp'ers and tactical group pvp in a way that even our new trial account players feel like they contributed in a fight because they quite frankly did.

Tactical pvp in Darkfall is a treasure to behold and our Garrison is something that I am proud to watch in action.

While I welcome you to our forums, I ask you graciously not to talk badly of a game our members enjoy lest you put off new players, who I might add are "having a blast"
    I take the warn.
    However I never said pvp isnt fun, its probably the best thing Darkfall has atm and yes it is a blast.
    I only said that you "need" magic more than ever nowadays, even if you can do a good bit as a team without most of it, in the end you are handicapped against hibrids... Ive been destroyer for long months because Im never one to grind for magic, and when you face a player that knows how to "kite" your arrows/melee rushes you are pretty much done.
    The simple fact of having confusion/eye rot is already a very big advantage if you use them appropiately which is not hard. Another very big con for destroyers is that you need to get strong weaponry (justicebringer/silverbranch) too while a hibrid can even you with a blackbolt. Of course he has a lot of grind on its back.

Just my 2 cents and im glad you having fun!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information