Thread: The Seven Layers of Chthonia

Threaded View

Default The Seven Layers of Chthonia

The Seven Layers of Chthonia
    The Holy Words of Saint Thomas Aquitanus, as recorded by the Abbot Scholas Anselm.

My Brethren... My Friends... Please, gather round and hear my words, for I have been visited by Theuses, a guardian of Chthonia, who was sent to me by the son of Sol Deus. Our Lord God wishes all to know what awaits them upon their death in this world so that all of his earthly children have a chance to choose wisely in life, and to honor His Wisdom.

As all of you have learned from your studies, (Yes, even you Reathee), Chthonia is ruled over by the just Leontoceph, who sits behind his bench and judges fairly all who appear before him. This each of us must do upon leaving this world to cross the river Lethe and enter his realm of Asphodel. Here all must await their turn, be they Lord or Vellein, Criminal or Righteous, and none may move forward for their judgement until those ahead are judged. Some of those who wait though, lack the courage to hear his final judgment of their past lives and turn away, knowing too well their sins and the impact it had on others. Yet those who run cannot escape, for nobody can escape judgement forever. And just as confessing one’s sin gives one relief, hiding from such judgment eats away at the soul, and those who run endure unending agony that grows with the passage of time. These poor, foolish souls weep and wail pathetically, and continue to avoid judgement, even though the longer they wait the more harrowing their lamentations become. So too, the more harrowing is their final judgement.

For those who put aside their fear and face their final judgement with courage, there exists Six possible destinations for their souls.
    Last edited by Azzerhoden Razeri; 08-01-2021 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Positioning
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

Thread Information