+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Computer Problems! please help!

Exclamation Computer Problems! please help!

So as you probly already know. I've been having alot of problems with my computer since a few days ago. Everytime I play DF it puts me back on desktop. game closes down without lag or error message whatsoever.

things Ive already checked:
    Video card test.
    Connection test.
    Reinstalled DF.
    Installed DF on different Harddrive.
    updated all my drivers, directX etc.
    Formatted PC.
    Tried fullscreen and different shader options.

nothing seems to work. now this also happened in another game [Assassins Creed brotherhood] and that 1 gave an error but I couldnt read the details cause it disables my mouse and I cant click on the Click here link -.-.

someone please help me out. got any suggestions that might help please post them here. I really want to play again and rape some SUN with you guys

www.ultimatebootcd.com has a memory test included - try that. If you can't be arsed doing that try taking out one stick of ram, then swapping it with another etc each time you start DF.

cant even get ingame at all anymore it crashes on loading screen now. ill try your link hope it works

would probably help if you posted your full pc specs also what was the last things that you did the day before this started happening?

have you been into the BIOS and check that the RAM command Rate is set to 2T and not to 1T (this can cause crashes similar to those described)

also if its a fairly old pc it can often help to bump the voltage being supplied to various components by 5 - 10% (capacitor aging) if your motherrboard allows

Where's Zehtuka when you need him.

did the ultimate boot cd thing memory tests. all test passed 100% memory is fine. video card is fine. cleaned the dust out of my computer which made my overall temp in the case 20 decrees lower.

result: not a god damn thing. it crashed on the loading screen this time

ill check the BIOS. about the voltage changes. cant that cause problems if i do it wrong? dont want to fry my motherboard over this stupid game

k couldnt find anyway to change the things you said. tried to set voltage to "safe mode" which resulted in a beautifull blue screen of death when i tried to run Darkfall

error in win32k.sys

PAGE_FAULT_TO_NONPAGED_AREA

stop 0x000000000

Did you do anything that might have caused the problem? Like installing new hardware or software?

Last week, for example, I decided to install ATI tools and that caused all my games to crash on startup.

i dont remember installing anything weird at all besides the patch.

now everytime i startup a game i get a bluescreen error. with a STOP 0x00000008e error or w/e

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information