+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ducat Banking System

We have to make a choice - Fight with the current PHP / SQL system and with the problems (it can be done, but i dont know how much of a delay it will bring through the entire development)

or

switch to a PHP / XML File system.
    Which bypasses these current issues and perhaps future issues.
    but will take a couple of days for me to switch over. so developement will stop untill about 4/16 or 4/17

Not my choice to make, please let me know on what the current leadership thinks.

Necro'd

How we get this project rollin' again???

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

We could...do you have the expertise?

I do have some skills in the area but they are incredibly amateur to say the least, Your Grace. I think something like tgis could be an interesting feature on our forums, just like the medals are.

Unfortunately my main obstacle is time; time to learn the skills and time to develop the project.

Another idea I had is that since we are a cross-game guild we could 'create' a Ducal Fiat currency in the interim (The Ducal Guinea) so people can, effectively, trade assets from the games they play. (Although this is probably too ambitious)

I'd love to be able to tinker around with this idea as a hobby.

Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba

The extra-game currency is indeed a good idea - something intrinsic to Wessex itself that was tallied on this forum.

I am glad you can see the potential, my lord.

Is there a way to obtain a 'copy' of the Forums? Can it be customisable like that? Where, just like the medals section, we can have an "account" section?

Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba

Yes, but I don't how to make any such tally consistent across all accounts. The medals are individual flash boxes with an associated text file.

I would think just have an associated text file for each members balance and only have that change as they make transactions. It could be set to display your personal balance up by the "welcome user" message at the top of the page.

An admin page could be designed for the treasury to make transactions exchanging guild currency for game currency and back again. A reeve would simply collect or distribute the game currency and mark the exchange on the panel. Users balance would update and treasury balance would update.

The admin panel could even be designed to record in game guild funds essentially moving or treasury into the forum. Spread sheets could still be used as an independent record for audits etc. This would also let us set exchange rates based on guild funds in individual games.

For tracking you could have your own transaction history page and the admin panel would contain a master transaction list. Important data for the transaction log would be date, time, username, transaction type, amounts, and teller/reeve/etc.

Yes, having a Hyperion fiat currency is a good project, that's been around for a while. It would for example allow us to compensate individuals for non-game-related work, especially if we tie the currency to specific gold-rates in different games, or accept it as tax for example.

Sir Altus, is it possible to have a banking, accounting system on the forums tied to each username, as per Levald's suggestion above? There could be specific Teller roles that would accept money in a particular game (I can imagine Reeves would be suited to this) and can input the amount of currency purchased. The Exchequer and/or Steward of Trade could determine exchange rates, or, if we want to really be risky, have the value on the open, floating market. Although my suggestion is that in bootstrapping any fiat currency, it always needs to be pegged to something else with a determined value.

Just out of interest, in my personal opinion, I am leaning more towards the "Ducal Guinea" rather than the "Ducat" XD

We are about to be starting our venture into ESO, too, it would be an excellent time to give the people a way of transferring their assets from one game to another.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information