+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Offering myself

If they're personal questions, you really shouldn't post them, but if you're just wondering things like "When can I become a full member?" and "How are the ranks of Wessex set up?", we can all answer those :P

Sorry to confuse.

Dreign Swift Guest

Is anyone else watching Man vs. Wild? I don't watch all that much T.V., but I freekin' love this program.
    Last edited by Dreign Swift; 01-06-2007 at 10:46 PM.

Dreign Swift Guest

Here's a topic I was asking about, maybe you guys could comment on what you think of it?

My original question:

"3. Is there any thought going into the inclusion of the M/O faction, or is that a possibility entirely ruled out due to role-playing priorities as determined by a Dukedom of Mercia? I do have some ideas on how the H/M/D & M/O alliance could work, and the benefits of it, but I would understand if you find the idea unsavory and would rather not go there. Please inform."

Response:

"It's not that I find it unsavory, just that game mechanics will make it unlikely because of the reaction of NPCs to the Mahirim and Orcs - at least for those who plan to live within the same walls. Depending on circumstances, allying with a separate m/o clan to turn the tide in a certain battle is not beyond possibility, however, but we won't seek them out."

Response:

"I was more thinking along the lines of having an extension of the Duchy in a M/O organization, but having them in a seperate city to avoid the guard thing altogether. Since it appears that lore is important to the clan, there could be some kind of backstory which explains how they came to be subjects of the Duke. Either that, or it could have a slightly different name (seperate clan, same organization), if necessary to avoid confusion. There could prove to be many benefits to bringing the second largest faction into the Duchy:
    1. It would allow members (or would-be members) the opportunity to join us as their preferred race and/or playstyle (and therefore the one they'd likely play better).
    2. We would have a stalwart ally who could attack the siege machines outside our walls once we're under attack, throwing a monkey wrench from hell into the plans of the enemy.
    3. Since there would be no trade agreements needed, we would experience two-way, directly beneficial crafting from 5 out of the 6 playable races...And no, I don't think that M/O crafted items will be obsolete simply because the Dwarves receive a bonus to crafting/runesmithing. I personally think that it would be foolish to assume that just because the H/M/D faction has Dwarves in it, we'll be completely self-sufficient in crafting; and if I'm right, we'd have a nice advantage over those with this mindset. There's probably some more benefits I'm just not thinking of right now."

Ha, sounds like a discussion more than a question.

Only His Grace can answer that one, mate.

Dreign Swift Guest

You're probably right..

You might be misinformed.
    The only race thats needed is the Dwarfs.
    We will dig deep mines and find all those ancient "I win" crafting tools and weps, Hand it over to the Duke and then we will dig some more just for the fun of it.

Dreign Swift Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono View Post
    You might be misinformed.
    The only race thats needed is the Dwarfs.
    We will dig deep mines and find all those ancient "I win" crafting tools and weps, Hand it over to the Duke and then we will dig some more just for the fun of it.
    lol...
    Not sure how I should take you, Chrono. I'm having a hard time telling just how much of what you said was a joke. Nice to meet you, regardless.

My pleasure. Hope you will enjoy your stay in Wessex.
    What race and class might you be aiming for?

Chrono, don't joke with the newbies, or I'll have you writing essays on Wessex!

(jk)
    Last edited by Komako the Hawk; 01-07-2007 at 12:27 AM.

Bah, If the Dwarfs don't dig, who will!
    Humans don't have the motivation.
    And the elfs... Ever seen a elf work in a mine? ^^

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information