+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Offering myself

Dreign Swift Guest

Lightbulb Offering myself

Greetings to all those associated with the Duchy of Wessex.

I haven't really been formally accepted into the Duchy (even in a trial status). I have been speaking with your Most Noble leader about it since about the 29th of Dec, but it seems he has temporarily disappeared, so I'm basically in the doldrums. I also submitted a form to join on the site recently, but was unable to fill out all of it because something came up which required my immediate attention. So now I have come to the forums, offering myself in service to this nation. I figure I should complete the rest of the joining form, which could also serve as a way to introduce myself, so here goes:

What is your playing style?
    My emphasis in MMO's is always PvP, with some RP tendencies. However, due to DF being so dynamic and varied in what it proposes to offer, I imagine the paradigm will shift for not only me, but many others. In Darkfall, I see my playstyle being: semi-roleplaying explorer, tactician, stealth artist, efficient killer, honor-bound (to some degree). I would like to specialize in both Archery for long range and either dual-wielding daggers/short swords or using a shield and short sword when the fight closes. I'll have an emphasis on foot speed, attack speed and stealth to give me an edge (or at least to keep me alive) when confronted with the stalwart, heavily-armored melee types, and depending on how much of a skill spread the game will support, some offensive/defensive supporting spells.

What attracts you to the Duchy of Wessex?

I was very intrigued by the organization of the ranks, and by the dynamic positioning of talent within them. On top of that, the fact that positions will be very important, held in high regard, and truly instrumental in our success or failure in-game is precisely the kind of RP that draws me. I'm not quite well-versed with the in-character-at-all-times type of RP, but I'm far from being against practitioners of it. Overall, this is simply the best looking clan for me BY FAR. Not that I'd only be here for the benefits, but I come to serve in whatever way I fit best.

Do you have much experience with MMORPGs?
    Anarchy Online, Auto Assault, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Star Wars Galaxies, The Matrix Online, World of Warcraft, OTHER. Obviously, I'm somewhat of a "carebear" by some people's definition, but I guess I wasn't playing MMO's far enough back to have been in the early days of AC and UO.

How were you referred to the Duchy of Wessex?
    Well, after searching through every single thread in the Clan Recruitment page, and only finding a few that seemed to have the general outline I saw as being most effective in DF, I was nearly going to settle for one of them before seeing the most recent thread for the Duchy, which completely blew me away. So, I contacted The Duke of Wessex himself, explaining where I was in my search and asking him some questions I had. After receiving his answers, I was very pleased with everything I heard, and decided I would very much like to be a part of this nation.

In a competitive world like Darkfall, where would your strengths lie? For instance, perhaps you have a talent for strategy, diplomacy, statesmanship, organization, combat, or simply a knack for boosting morale with humor?
    In a broad sense: I think I'm strong with tactics, both in offensive raids/seiges and in defending against such. In every game I play I can't help but attempt to formulate the best possible PvP build, and if the game lends itself to team or large-scale warfare, then I'm avid in organizing individual strengths and creating strategies to overwhelm and outplay the opposition, no matter which angle they might come from. I believe I also have an ability to reason and express myself well.
    In a narrow sense: I would like to lead lore driven expeditions/raids into the far corners of Agon to: Uncover the untold riches and secrets held in the Ancient Chaldean Ruins, Investigate the presence of and/or defeat Far Loradain, the Shades, etc., and a potentially much more important lore goal, the recovering of Word Stones. During these expeditions, I would also hope to gather plenty of rare and common resources from the far corners of Agon, to give a huge boost to our initial crafting effort. I see these lore (PvE) goals as holding a lot of wieght in the crucial First Age of Agon, and getting at them early may give us a sizeable advantage in the long run.

So, I guess this is my official plea. I would like to be involved in getting the Duchy to a most succesful, fortified position.

Glory to the Duke!

- Dreign

- Hagakure Swift

- Dreign Swift (editing, lol...)
    Last edited by Dreign Swift; 12-12-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Name change(s)

Aiden Morild Guest

Hi there, Welcome to Wessex

Wow, its a far better ap than mine was ... lol

Sure your not posting this on purpose to show off

Well good luck anyways
    Last edited by Aiden Morild; 01-06-2007 at 10:19 PM.

Welcome to the Duchy of Wessex!

The community and atmosphere here in Wessex is one that you can choose to participate in as much as you want, but the more you do, the more you'll enjoy being part of this Clan. Good luck on your application, and I'm happy to see you've realized how perfectly the Duchy of Wessex is set up.

Dreign Swift Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden Morild View Post
    Wow, its a far better ap than mine was ... lol

Sure your not posting this on purpose to show off

Well good luck anyways

Heh...I guess I'm just going all-out. I've been waiting for a word a little too long, and now I'm probably going to have a lame '07 join date...*shudder*

Anyone know the whereabouts of His Grace? Seems he hasn't posted since the 31st, which would explain why he hasn't responded to the last PM I sent him in the DF forum..

Jord Hunter Guest

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your application. Glad to hear you were pleased with everything you heard about the Duchy

Aiden Morild Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dreign View Post
    Anyone know the whereabouts of His Grace? Seems he hasn't posted since the 31st, which would explain why he hasn't responded to the last PM I sent him in the DF forum..
    Well he does have a life but id just say that he is busy in real. If you fill out the application fom on the home page, it isnt approved by him directly, its done by another member.

Hope thats helped

Jord Hunter Guest

Think hes hard at work with his business atm, but as Aiden said, he doesnt approve applications directly.

Both Von Fishbarrel and the Duke are out right now, but I'm sure any Cabinet Member or Herald could answer any questions you have about Wessex.

Hell, you could post them here and probably get a reply.

Dreign Swift Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beric View Post
    I'm happy to see you've realized how perfectly the Duchy of Wessex is set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Glad to hear you were pleased with everything you heard about the Duchy
    Absolutely! I can always appreciate the effort and time it takes to create a well thought-out and structured organization, especially when I reap the benefits without doing the work . You have to give respect to the excellent leadership of a guild for the benefits you enjoy. I've lead a guild or two, and I can surely appreciate having the hardest work done already, heh...
    Last edited by Dreign Swift; 01-07-2007 at 04:49 AM.

Dreign Swift Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Komako View Post
    Both Von Fishbarrel and the Duke are out right now, but I'm sure any Cabinet Member or Herald could answer any questions you have about Wessex.

Hell, you could post them here and probably get a reply.
    Well, the latest round of questions/comments I had were specifically directed within the conversation we were having, so it wouldn't be appropriate to post them here without his permission. Or am I wrong? If so, I could post em.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information