+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Those interested in getting the Duchy of Wessex alive again say "Aye"

It's not the combat system that made WSX quit Darkfall. Quite the contrary I believe. - even I liked darkfall combat (more than MO even) and I don't do pvp combat.

But the issue really is that there is nothing else out there than that. As far as I know, the roleplay elements are completely lacking. The housing is still in pretty much the same state as when I left it. Do you get any decent clothes in that game yet? Freely build cities? Monuments that can be dedicated in my honor? Buyable vendors that would trade in my behalf?

Sure, neither do any of the other games - I admit. While I do appreciate your effor agent Haliday - I disagree on the medication.

"It is said, that when Wooster's name is mentioned, trees tremble in fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Ninogan Swiftstep View Post
    You say that like it's impressive -_^

Get shit on by 150~ vs 210 siege battle on EU-1 last week without anyone in my clan getting disconnected, having any lag and the ones with decent pc's running a fairly stable fps.

Anyways it seems Perpetuum is the game where most actives in WSX are atm Keaven. I'll be sticking with DFO so enjoy Perpetuum or say hi if you step by DFO.
    Its not a competition....

Quote Originally Posted by Wulvgar Lord View Post
    Duchy of Wessex is very alive and doing very well in sand box thats amazing, and works. Why wouldn't you join and support us ?
    And yes we are still a 100% feudal organization. Darkfail and MO are the ones who are Dead not Wessex

They had their first alliance battle tonight, rumored 100 vs 100. Yes the server can handle it. I couldn't make it
    I'm not knocking Perpetuum off my list at all, I'm going to give it a shot. However I had a hard time believe there were 100+ Duchy members in Perpetuum because the low amount of people in the mumble server and lack of activity on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster Redwood View Post
    I disagree on the medication.
    I never decided it's the medication, it looks like a good alterniative to me is all I'm saying. There was only a few steps in why it failed.

1. Us losing to the Zerging nut cup

2. Total loss of moral.

3. MO beta. Where the leadership went to play and once everyone followed they hated it.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...venHaliday.png

" Life is a test many quest the universe, And through my research, I felt the joy and the hurt, The first shall be last and the last shall be first, The basic instructions before leaving earth " - GZA

Quote Originally Posted by Keaven Haliday View Post
    1. Us losing to the Zerging nut cup

2. Total loss of moral.

3. MO beta. Where the leadership went to play and once everyone followed they hated it.
    Hey Keaven... I think there is a lot of people who will disagree with you on those points. It doesn't matter much, I'm sure everyone here can agree that it would be nice to see everyone stick together no matter what game we play. Its just at the moment it will be difficult to agree to play just one game, everyone has to accept that and get the best out of it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Blackmoor View Post
    Hey Keaven... I think there is a lot of people who will disagree with you on those points. It doesn't matter much, I'm sure everyone here can agree that it would be nice to see everyone stick together no matter what game we play. Its just at the moment it will be difficult to agree to play just one game, everyone has to accept that and get the best out of it anyway.
    True. I can see them disagree, however I remember that being how it happened. Up until MO we still capped some cities on the South West Island and were building up from the ground. Untill suddenly everybody was like "Omg MO BETA!" and tricked themselves into believing it was enjoyable.

My mission however is to find a game that everyone can agree on, persuade the leadership to lead it, and go about tracking old members and trying to get them to play with us. It doesn't matter what that game is to me, as long as it brings the Duchy back together.

People are saying that Perpetuum is that game, but like I said. I see hardly any forum activity and only up to 13 people in mumble at one time. Where is the 100+ people on the forums and mumble?

I think that Darkfall is worth a shot, looks like it's been given some serious work by the devs

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Just check out the videos.

In the end all that matters to me is that the Duchy becomes unified and running once again.

" Life is a test many quest the universe, And through my research, I felt the joy and the hurt, The first shall be last and the last shall be first, The basic instructions before leaving earth " - GZA

Malachi Drake is offline The Usurper
    Former Bishop of Wessex

Keaven I wish I lived in a universe like yours where you are able to know everything and the reason behind every decision yet you have not been around for the past year and are drawing wild conclusions.

Firstly; there is nothing anyone can do to make someone do something in a community like Wessex that they are not willing to do. This can be seen by the turnover that is present in every clan and every game. I think it is a testament to our community that we have such a solid core that is playing a diverse collection of games.

Now everyone please; stop with the fan-boy preteen epeen competitions. No one cares if a game has 1000 vs 1000 fights or if it has dynamic lighting and antistrophic something– if you enjoy a game go and play it and let other people play the game of their choice.

The majority of us did not stop playing MO because it is a terrible game. Rather that the developers have not yet fulfilled their promise to the community on features – specifically empire building, clan tools, siege mechanics, heraldry etc. – and we have outgrown the basic game mechanics. There was frustration in the overall community about this. This is the very same reason we stopped playing DarkFall. Not for any of the imaginative reasons that have been listed.

Until a game comes along that offers all the tools we need to fulfil our mission statement (as seen on the front page of our website) we will remain a strong community over multiple games. Just come on Mumble and have some fun.
    Wessex is not dead and on behalf of those who are still working hard in MO to preserve our assets and those who have created an amazing start in Perpetuum – I resent any claims that it is dead.

I am proud of you guys.

Malachi

Quote Originally Posted by Keaven Haliday View Post
    People are saying that Perpetuum is that game, but like I said. I see hardly any forum activity and only up to 13 people in mumble at one time. Where is the 100+ people on the forums and mumble?
    Perpetuum has ingame functions which are superior to a forum. It is not perfect in any way but it is a lot more playable than Mortal at the moment and it has Empire building mechanics like Darkfall.

Maybe you forgot or weren't around at that time but he had some pretty rough times after everything collapsed. You can't expect us to have 100 members everywhere with a simple switch. We are growing again, but it takes time.
    Last edited by Zehtuka Fireglore; 12-05-2010 at 02:31 PM.

Glad to see you're still here Malachi, I had thought you left.

I guess maybe what I was used to back in the Darkfall days, just leads me to believe this clan is dead. I remember having 100+ people on vent, constant forum use and so on. However if this Perpetuum game has some thing superior to forums I can see why this forum would be lacking action. Now Malachi, I only left once everyone started playing Mortal. I was deployed again around that time anyway, however In the past year I don't know what all has happened since the abandonment of Darkfall.

Once I get my new PC I'll be testing out Perpetuum, Darkfall, and many more. Hopefully Perpetuum holds promise. I just don't see how it being a futuristic game it fits in with Wessex.

Either way, I'm glad to see the reaction this posting got. It let me know some familiar faces are still here.

Someone set you to esteemed guest keaven so I can't send you a PM reply now :/

Well somebody took my visiting gentry privileges away. That's unfortunate. I can't talk to friends in private anymore. I wonder why they did that to me, I think it was unnecessary.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information