+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oath of Service - Lucianic Squire Twyster Stronngust to Sir Balthasar

Default Oath of Service - Lucianic Squire Twyster Stronngust to Sir Balthasar

I Brother Twyster Stronngust, having been taken as squire to the Very Reverend Father Sir Balthasar Drake, Grandmaster of the Order of St. Lucian, do vow to serve him with courage, loyalty and faith in all things and do solemnly swear upon all that I hold sacred to defend my sire, the church and the order against all harm. In all my endeavours I shall seek to master the arts of chivalry; for the glory of the Radiant Lord, for the honour of my sire and to protect the weak. I will eagerly take all knowledge deigned to me and shall follow in the footsteps of my master; so that I may prove myself worthy of Knighthood. I will uphold the Laws of Heaven and the Church. I do swear these things without doubt or reservation and shall remain true to my word until my master bid me leave or shall find in me merits deserving of knighthood. In the name of Soldeus; let it be.
    Last edited by Twyster Stronngust; 09-21-2010 at 01:36 AM.

I receive this pledge of service with a welcoming heart and with open arms. I shall honour this sacred tradition between master and apprentice as though it were one of father and son; to nurture within his mind and heart the virtues and qualities of chivalry and humility, to guide him with a firm yet fair hand and to school him in the arts of warfare so that one day he may stand up and be counted amongst the fraternity and brotherhood of Knights.

May the Radiant Lord Soldeus guide us in our efforts.

Default Oath and Acceptance Duly Recorded

The College of Arms finds this Oath and its Acceptance to be in good order, and they are hereby recorded. May the Radiant Lord's Grace shine brightly upon His Holy Church; upon the Merciful Harbingers, the Blessed and Stalwart Order of St. Lucian of Riada; upon Sir Balthasar Drake; upon Esquire Stronngust, and upon all the Faithful of Wessex.

Lady Sothenic
    Mistress of Heralds
    of the College of Arms
    of the Duchy of Wessex

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information