View Poll Results: Do these ideas still hold any interest?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Operation Management

0 0%
  • Training Jacket

1 100.00%
  • I have other ideas! (post below)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which ideas would you like to see implemented?

Question Which ideas would you like to see implemented?

From a thread by Sir Beric Veincrusher, entitled
    VOTE on possible ideas!

The original contained a poll, the results of which are below:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    His Original Post (with minor editing) is appended to this new poll thread.
    Casilda Tametomo, Herald of the Aegis Imperium,
    «Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser, Bettler oder Kaiser? Ob Arm, ob Reich, im Tode gleich.

I would like to get every person's opinion on the ideas I'm going to present in this thread. Everything is open to change, but many of the ideas are fairly developed. Please take a moment and read through the different ideas, and vote in the poll for which ideas you'd like to see implemented.

Operation management

A tool that can be used to notify a specific group of people that an operation (or drill currently) is going to go down at a certain time and location. This is a tool that could be used to notify specifically targeted user groups, or even specific people. It would be developed in such a way that it could also keep track of which people attended. (could be data mined later to find when Wessex is most active)

Knights/Lords, Cabinet Members, and Drill Sarges should all have access to create operations. Hopefully this tool would make operations more visible. (Than just posting, or using the forum calender)

Drilling in Savage

Savage is a free game, which includes collision detection. As well as ranged, melee, seige, and magic combat capabilities. Melee combat is 3rd person, and includes blocking with your weapons. Magic is 1st person and includes normal spells, and AOE spells. Servers can have up to a 72 person player capacity. The game can be modded and we can make custom maps. The hardware and bandwidth required to host the game is very low so it'd be optimal for large scale battles. Brando is willing to make this work, if there is interest from Wessex to use it for drilling/combat on an epic scale.
    (We do not drill outside Mortal Online at this time.)

AAR

After action reports (AAR) could be like the lore of Wessex. With these documents we could convey the current situation after a battle to other time zones, as well as commanders higher up. They would include a time, date, members involved, and then also a description of events. These would be stored in some sort of data base, and could be later referenced for nostalgia, or data mined for strategic information. Hopefully there would be some way to link these reports back to the members involved, so you can remember what you've attended!

AAR could be organized through a wikipedia, or a secondary database attached to the forums.
    (I believe the AAR has been long-since adopted and is in use now.)

Training Jacket

A database linked to the forum that holds the application of every members, as well as their qualifications. Information included might be like drills attended, ranger training completed, or information about the skills someone specializes in. If that be crafting or melee, it'll help Wessex become a true thriving county in which skill sets can be transferred between knights, trading companies, or hired.

I have other ideas! (post below)

These ideas don't come from me, but from discussions with Dreign, Brando, and many others. Please take a moment to vote for the different things that you would like to see implemented.

Changelog:
    Last edited by Casilda Tametomo; 08-09-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Moved from obsolete thread

Jaidyn Sothenic is offline Lord of Brockmoore
    Earl of Launceston

Warden of Wessex

I actually thought Beric had returned

I miss the guy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information