Thread: Interested in joining the Church?

Malachi Drake is offline The Usurper
    Former Bishop of Wessex

Default Interested in joining the Church?

The Diocese of Wessex

Greetings!

I hope that you are well and trust that this message has reached you promptly and safely. You may be asking yourself why I have sent you this letter and that questions is best answered with a short introduction. I am the Right Reverend Father Malachi Drake, Bishop of Wessex, and I have heard that you have displayed some small interest in the affairs of the Church of Soldeus. It is not common practice for some one of my position to write to you, but there is something about you that compelled me to take this action. The Church is always looking for valiant, loyal, dedicated and righteous individuals, such as yourself, to join in our crusade.

What Mortal Online has to offer:

Mortal Online promises an in-depth religious system that will provide the Church of Soldeus with previously unimagined opportunities. The most prominent of these is the ability for players to create their own particular deity that will not only be recognised in the game world but will also provide its followers with additional benefits as more and more people choose to worship that deity. At a quick glance it becomes very clear that the more people we have following our religion, the more powerful our religion becomes. While this system has not yet been implemented in game it has been a focal point in creating the Church of Soldeus.

The key principles of the Church of Soldeus:

At the heart of the religion is the duality between good and evil and the eternal struggle that rages between them. In the beginning there was nothing; only an endless abyss filled with chaos. But from the Heavens came forth two brothers. The greater of the two brothers is Soldeus, a radiant and glorious god, who was born with a desire to do good. The other brother was born with a cruel heart and the desire to corrupt all that he touches and twist them to his will. He Is Umbra.

Later a beautiful goddess came forth; Nave. The brothers competed for her hand but she was murdered by Umbra when she declared her love for Soldeus. A brutal battle took place between Soldeus and Umbra and our Radiant Lord conquered the Heavens. Umbra now skulks in the shadow of the abyss, ever seeking to corrupt the creations of Soldeus and defile all that his brother loves.

Upon Nave, the fallen goddess and the world we inhabit, Soldeus created all manner of nature and life. But mankind, you and I, are different from all other creature because each of us is created with a shard of Soldeu’s Radiant Light within us. This is called the Inner Spark and through it we hear the will of Soldeus our conscience.

But Umbra , through his machinations and deceptions, corrupted the first Man and defiled his Inner Spark. This was an affront to Soldeus and a tragic loss to him as an Inner Spark that is tainted with corruption cannot return to him when the mortal body fails. Those who live a life of virtue will illuminate their Inner Sparks and return to Soldeus but those who live a life of sin will be forced to endure untold pain at the hands of Umbra as they walk the abyss.

The role of the Church:

It is in the salvation of man that the Church plays its greatest role in service of our Heavenly Father. To the faithful children of our father we offer guidance and protection; teaching them the Word of Soldeus and leading them in prayer and contemplation. To those who have fallen from grace we offer redemption and will walk alongside them down the path of repentance and into the loving embrace of out Radiant Lord. Those who have turned from our Heavenly Father, those who have rejected his teachings and those who refuse to repent, must be swiftly separated and judged.

What kind of people is the Church looking for?

The salvation of man is no small task and we need people from all walks of life to aid in this goal. We welcome people from all walks of life because the Church has its own society where each member is working for the betterment of all instead of for personal gain.

To achieve our purpose will require a mix of people who are willing to help through crafting, by gathering resources, by hunting beasts and creatures, through combating our foes, by healing the wounded or by spreading the word of Soldeus through role play. But no one person can do all these great deeds. So whether you are a Crafter or gatherer, blacksmith or tailor, herbalist or farmer, warrior or ranger, diplomat or spinster, the Church needs you.

In short, practically anything you can do as a Villein you can do as a Novice or a Friar within the Church.

Is the Church an option for you?
    • Are you willing to work together within the clergy community for the betterment of each other?
    • Are you willing to learn the basic fundamentals of the Religion (basically what is covered in the above letter)?
    • Are you interested in practical role playing or are you willing to learn (this means being able to at least address fellow clergy correctly and name dropping Soldeus when good things happen)?
    • Are you willing to become awesome-sauce?
    In return you will get the benefit of the skills, knowledge and abilities of your fellow clergy, as well as the support of the Church and the pleasure of being around people who are all united with the same goals and objectives. Plus you also get to keep my company which is a reward in its self...

Being a member of the Clergy does not limit your career opportunities within Wessex. If you wish you may still join and serve in the garrison, may still sit on the ducal cabinet, serve as a yeoman, become a renowned crafter or get knighted. The only thing you cannot do is become a burgess as that involves amassing personal wealth.

Are you interested in joining the Church or have questions?

Please send me a forum PM or catch me while I am on Vent and we can discuss welcoming you into the Church.

Faithfully Yours,

Jaidyn Sothenic is offline Lord of Brockmoore
    Earl of Launceston

Warden of Wessex

Are you willing to become awesome-sauce?

I already am

Nice letter indeedy

Reading this post is like finding an announcement on a dusty old parchement from a time gone by.

I know the Church still exists, but the darkfall era Church just seems like it had a different FEEL.

(Also doesn't help when your Bishop leaves to work for bitbox as a gm on the same game we're playing... VARRICK! )

Varrick ChaosWielder is offline Former Parson of the Holy Church of Sol Invictus
    Convicted of treason by His Grace, Bernardo Orienne
    Esteemed Guest

Soldeus always sees. Fear not, my guidance is never far.
    Last edited by Manus Dei; 08-07-2018 at 06:10 PM.
    Yours respectfully in Soldeus,
    His Excellency, The Reverend Father Varrick ChaosWielder, Abbot of the Church of Soldeus
    Head of the Church of Soldeus|The Parson of Nave|Retired Chancellor of Wessex
    http://s10.postimg.org/pnqxqqgvt/var...oswielder2.png

Thread Information