+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grant of Baronetcy and Arms - Sir Chrono Veincrusher

Malachi Drake is offline The Usurper
    Former Bishop of Wessex

Default Grant of Baronetcy and Arms - Sir Chrono Veincrusher

My brothers and sisters in faith,

Know that there is one amongst you who has demonstrated an unwavering loyalty and dedication to the Kingdom of Hyperion. He has been a faithful subject long before I even took my vow of faith and so it is impossible for me to recount all his noble deeds. But it is sufficient to know that without his passion, his patience and his knowledge, the Duchy of Wessex would not be where it is today.

His Majesty, Manus Dei, King of Hyperion, has expressed his desire to reward this subject and it is my privilege to bring news to you that, on this day, Chrono Veincrusher has been elevated to the rank of Baronet and, therefore, has had a patent of arms bestowed upon him. The Heralds have been commanded to devise a unique and suitable blazon and grant unto him such ensigns armorial. Henceforth he shall have sole and exclusive right to bear these arms in the kingdom of Hyperion.

Congratulations Sir Chrono Veincrusher! May Soldeus light your path.

I know I do not post that much on these forums due to not having the time or money to play Mortal Online. But on seeing this announcement I had to post.

For me Chrono summed up why Wessex is so brilliant. His unwavering loyalty and friendly attitude always made it seem that you felt welcome, on the forums, on vent, in game or in irc. What is more I had the pleasure to work under Chrono as his Pursuviant for near to a year. He taught me all I know about graphics and it has become a hobby that I will likely continue in the future. When I joined Wessex I had no idea that I would not just be gaming but be learning skills that would help me in real life and Chrono was the reason for this.

Albeit it was a long time ago, when I was truely active Chrono was the first person out of 200 people I would want to talk to on irc and so I was more honoured when he asked me to be apart of the Veincrushers.

So I say to Chrono, thank you, and this is a much deserved award for all your time you have put into Wessex and I hope you can continue to benefit this great Clan. Also I hope that one day I will be able to return to play alongside you. But for now lets just bring out the ale, start a trout war, kill some polarbears, make some glass and keep the Dwarf Power alive. (oh and insult some elves)

Tewdric.

Congratulations Chrono.
    I must agree you do deserve this most noble grant and I am most certain you will continue to demonstrate your loyalty to our kingdom.
    As soon as I receive your requested design I will begin working on your most worthy blazon.

maybe this will get you to actually play a mmo with the rest of us :P

Sig by Twyster Stronngust

Congratulations sir Chrono, and thanks for all the administrative forum work you always do for us.
    Last edited by Duncan Blackmoor; 01-19-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Huzzah! Congratulations Chrono.

In before Chrono!

Congratulations mate, fully earned

Jaidyn Sothenic is offline Lord of Brockmoore
    Earl of Launceston

Warden of Wessex

I have to comment on what Mister Tewdric has indeed said, it is true that if Sir Chrono wasn't here the website and these beautiful forums would not be what they are today.

I commend you good sir, and I am so please to see you granted this honor, may you spend plenty more years here and continue to enjoy this project that we are all trying to build.

It is really bizare, because I sat there looking at peoples ranks and what they do for this clan, and I was so confused as to way you were not Knighted.
    I am so glad his majesty agreed to this boon, it was not a hard decision for him haha, you have earned this more than any who carry the Wessex flag

It is a pleasure to work alongside you Sir Chrono, and I hope it continues for many years to come.

Congratulations!

But I can't find any cake Bishop, did our constable steal it again?

Wow. Heh, didn't see this one coming.

It's not always one choose to stick around in a community year after year. I remember back when i joined 2006. I posted in the long gone Looking for Clan thread over at the Darkfall forums the day i heard about the game.

As a old Ultima Online player, the game seemed to promise most of the features was looking for back then. And from the rumors, Clan Beta was around the corner. So, I decided to get into a guild to be able to enjoy the game. Back then i had no real intention of getting deeply involved with anything.

But either way, i received a PM from Nira Nathair, a Herald from the Duchy of Wessex. She talked a bit about the fantastic structure Wessex had where we didn't just pretend to have a certain rank, rather, people really performed work of the kind their rank did back in the ages. The phrase Practical Roleplay got stuck in my head.

Even back then Wessex had "mostly" good signatures, so i made some of my own. And before i knew it, i was recruited as Pursuivant under Komako The Hawk. Well, the days went by making signatures, and my Promotion to Herald came. I then had the pleasure to tutor lovely Pursuivants myself, such as Tewdric. A lot of epic events took place over the years, and Wessex sprung up as one of the greatest clans of Darkfall. But also one of the most hated ^^. I even had the pleasure to be selected into the Cabinet for a while, as Thirlans replacement. Of course, Darkfall was a bit of a letdown for a lot of people after years of hype, and a lot of good guys left Wessex during the release. Myself, i couldn't even buy the game for 3 weeks due to the big release failure, and had to deal with other IRL stuff instead.

Never the less, it's the fantastic structure, leadership and comradeship within this community that makes people want to contribute, that made me stick around all this time. Sure, Wessex have seen better days, but I'm sure it still have the potential to raise to greatness once again.

Thanks guys for your comments and support.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information