+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Record of Banner - Rathius Saranoth

Default Record of Banner - Rathius Saranoth

TO ALL AND SINGULAR to whom these presents shall come, I, Lepida Nuykani, Queen of Arms of the College of Heralds of Hyperion, send greetings and good tidings!

WHEREAS Rathius Saranoth of the Talonesti, Finder of Mysteries, is desirous of having a flag associated with him and duly recorded, and accordingly hath requested the favor of His Majesty’s College in blazoning such;

AND FOREASMUCH
    as I in pursuance of good relations and by virtue of my calling in the Art and Craft of Heraldry am inclined to provide the matter of this request, though in no wise by my own authority may I grant to Rathius Saranoth any Arms or Ensigns within the purview of the Duchy of Wessex or the Kingdom of Hyperion, I do concede to blazon and witness that Ensign or Standard following that he claims in his own right or by grant from a sovereign or sovereigns unknown:

THAT IS TO SAY: On a swallowtailed banner hung vertically, a field party per Cross, in Sable, Cendrée, Argent, and Sable, counterchanged commonly per pale with the stylized glyphs of two Amphiterae, respectant, their tails entwined, surrounding a Pentagram centered on the cross point, all Cendrée and Argent. The whole of which comprises the Vexillogical Achievement.

THIS CIVIL AND NATIONAL FLAG and Ensign is claimed to be displayed of right by Rathius Saranoth of the Aegis Imperium as his personal standard and also by the Talonesti Council of whom he is a representative, for all purposes on land and sea; and, to be hoisted vertically, only. In witness whereof I have to these Presents subscribed my name, by the Grace of Our Radiant Heavenly Lord.

Lepida Nuykani
    Queen of Arms
    of the Royal College of Arms of Hyperion

--------------------------------------

This blazon is the freelance heraldic vexillology ("flagcraft") I did for one of our distinguished visitors, recently. The artwork is his. He has a lot of very neato artwork (and pictures of his very cute cat) at http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w164/talonesti/

The public record of this is at http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AX...0ZnFzNmg&hl=en

Given any hint of permission, I would record this in our Cathedral or somewhere else appropriate on this site for recording the Arms and Ensigns of the nations we're going to share the world of Nave with-- possibly useful if actual tabards, banners, or player-made or -designed symbols become a working part of MO.
    Casilda Tametomo, Herald of the Aegis Imperium,
    «Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser, Bettler oder Kaiser? Ob Arm, ob Reich, im Tode gleich.

I like it and approve. Thank you so much Lepida.
    Last edited by Casilda Tametomo; 11-20-2009 at 04:46 AM.

cool

Malachi Drake is offline The Usurper
    Former Bishop of Wessex

Cute cat indeed! I have no problem with storing this within the Cathedral to ensure the sanctity of your work Lepida.

Then with His Excellency's permission, I will make a copy of this for the Cathedral of St. Germaine.
    Casilda Tametomo, Herald of the Aegis Imperium,
    «Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser, Bettler oder Kaiser? Ob Arm, ob Reich, im Tode gleich.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information