Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Something Rotten in the State of Wessex

Enoch Guest

Neither The Watchful Eye nor any of it's members shall give Fenris Sigismund (also known as Fenris the Ranger) sanctuary nor burial of any kind if he is guilty. Duty before friends, Goddess before all.
    Last edited by Enoch; 09-04-2006 at 07:21 PM.

Gerhard Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Wessex View Post
    That is well, so long as the Watchful Eye as an entity does not offer asylum or honorable burial to this man if he should be found guilty.
    A cloaked figure far off in the crowd mumbles to himself, " Your no fit to bury a beggar let alone Fenris.. "

Very well. Your Grace, I call to the stand first one Komako the Seeker, Herald to the Ducal Court. Komako will present eyewitness testimony of being approached by the two with an invitation to rebel.

Komako, tell us, what was it they came and proposed to you, and what exactly were their plans?
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...1/vladius2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Fishbarrel View Post
    You're not just dyslexic, you're idgsutsing.

"Very well then."

The Seeker proceeds before the table once again. She stands elegently and turns to the crowd.

"Against Fenris Sigismund, I testify the following...

One: Posing as a member of Pre-Wessex

Some time ago I was approached by Fenris Sigismund in private after being in the gallows... I'm sure everybody here is familiar with that tale. I was quite angry with the Duke at the time, and Fenris played off that anger. Fenris told me a few things about Wessex in the past before the large population boom of late and explained how it was before such population boom. Except, during such explanation Fenris said he was a part of 'Pre-Wessex' when really as I've found out, he isn't. Fenris lied about being a part of pre-Wessex, but he gave me secret information - or information I would describe as the Duke not wanting the general population to know. As I said before I was angry, and these were things a Seeker of Truth would normally try to find out, so I looked for more.

Two: Plot of rebellion

Now as I mentioned before, Fenris told me all about pre-Wessex - secret information. During this explanation he told me all about how pre-Wessex was destroyed by the arrogence of the Duke. The problem is, Fenris was never a part of pre-Wessex, so how would he know just exactly how it was destroyed? Thus this point of view is poisoned and a lie. Fenris explained to me how he hated the Duke for his arrogence and his attitude could end current Wessex in upcoming wars and how he would rebel against the Duke if he did not believe him to be a fit ruler. He boasted about how he approached Savanna and told her, and how Savanna said that she would allow him to host such a rebellion in her noble inn. Fenris Sigismund would rebel against the Duke if the Duke was not a fit ruler because of a possibly true story told by an unknown source. This, to me, seems like a good excuse just to rebel against the Duke.

3: Leaking of Wessex secrets

Now, I mentioned before how Fenris Sigismund told me all about pre-Wessex - a secret, but he didn't stop there. I got informed of a few things happening in private places of this nation - which I can't go into too much depth, for a reason. The point is, he told me things that quite frankly, aren't in my authority to know. I realize that now, and to get to a point - I really don't want to know these things anymore."

The Seeker rests her lungs.

"...I would rather testify against Protonix when he has called a defense Your Grace. I'm done here.'

'If you would like to question me now, or the defense - how does it work exactly?"

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

Komako, please proceed with your testimony against Protonix as well...He has gone mute and has elected to defend himself by default.

And also, that wasn't the gallows, that was just the pillory.
    Last edited by Manus Dei; 09-05-2006 at 01:01 AM.

Komako coughs once again.

"Protonix...? Protonix...

Let's make this short and sweet, like the one-liners of Protonix...

Before the announcement of such trial I did not have the oppurtunity to speak to Protonix much, except involving a character by the name of 'Max,' and Protonix suggesting he knew very well as to what Fenris had been talking about for so very long. Fenris admitted to speaking many a time to Protonix, in many "shit-spewing sessions" against Your Grace - although again, that is testament against Fenris.

Before such trial, Protonix suggested 'Max' is in relation to him as Aeneas is in relation to you, Your Grace. A source of information, as Protonix would put it. I suspect Max is the storyteller which told Fenris and Protonix all about pre-Wessex, although that is only my humble self speaking.

After the announcement of the trial Protonix claimed many things, as well as threatening Wessex. He claimed to use all his 'power' to take down Wessex. Not only that, Protonix claimed to have 'planned to leave' Wessex 1 week before this trial, in a message to Lord Aeneas.

That's really all I have to say about Protonix. I never knew him enough before this trial to testify anything against him."

The Seeker stares at the Duke.

"May I leave now?"

Artemis Qey'Kil Guest

The man known as artemis quietly leaves the crowd, curious and intrigued by this 'Max'

Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba

The Duke of Wessex looks over a piece of paper submitted by Komako last week...

[2006-08-19 13:05:56] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Hold on....
    [2006-08-19 13:06:17] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Duke Wessex says:
    [2006-08-19 13:06:17] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Tell me more about what Fenris and Protonix told you, and under what circumstances.
    [2006-08-19 13:06:17] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:06:17] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> They told me that there was a Wessex Shadowbane organization
    [2006-08-19 13:06:17] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:06:18] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Because of YOU it was destroyed
    [2006-08-19 13:06:20] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:06:22] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> And now any people that were a part of it don't trust or serve you.
    [2006-08-19 13:07:03] <@[WSX]Nira> Yeah Fenris was talking about that last night.
    [2006-08-19 13:09:13] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Duke Wessex says:
    [2006-08-19 13:09:13] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Is there anything else that Fenris and Protonix have said?
    [2006-08-19 13:09:24] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:09:24] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Just that you really don't like them because they're associated with "Max"
    [2006-08-19 13:16:43] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:16:43] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Quite frankly, after everything I've heard
    [2006-08-19 13:16:43] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:16:43] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> I don't trust half of Wessex.
    [2006-08-19 13:30:48] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Duke Wessex says:
    [2006-08-19 13:30:48] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Did Fenris and Protonix say they planned to DO anything?
    [2006-08-19 13:30:48] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:30:48] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Well, one mentioned RPing a rebellion...
    [2006-08-19 13:30:48] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:30:49] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Fenris, of course.
    [2006-08-19 13:30:51] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:30:54] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Savanna offered to use her inn to host it...
    [2006-08-19 13:31:29] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:31:30] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> : P
    [2006-08-19 13:31:32] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:31:34] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> He's got her brainwashed too, I suspect
    [2006-08-19 13:41:05] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Duke Wessex says:
    [2006-08-19 13:41:05] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Tell me more about what Fenris and Protonix told you, and under what circumstances.
    [2006-08-19 13:41:05] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:41:05] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> They told me that there was a Wessex Shadowbane organization
    [2006-08-19 13:41:05] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:41:06] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Because of YOU it was destroyed
    [2006-08-19 13:41:08] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> Komako says:
    [2006-08-19 13:41:10] <@[WSX]DukeofWessex> And now any people that were a part of it don't trust or serve you.

Thank you, Komako. You may step down.
    Last edited by Manus Dei; 09-05-2006 at 02:01 AM.

Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba

/// I know well who Max is. He is an ex member of Wessex from before its Darkfall incarnation. There was a catastrophe in Shadowbane, yes.

But Max was in the bottommost rank, and so he didn't know what was going on. The truth is, my parents divorced right when the game launched, and I couldn't be there to lead because I had to empty my family home when it sold. The city was also plagued with bugs like holes in walls, and that caused all the problem.

Most of all, Max has never forgiven that Fishbarrel and I took a barony away from him because I didn't think he was old enough at the time to lead it.

Obviously, he is still bitter, and it is starting to look like Protonix and Fenris decided to let his stories fuel their own bitterness and plot something around them...

Nira Nathair is offline Former Royal Queen of Heralds Esteemed Guest

Default Signed Testimony

"I, too, have a signed testimony to offer the court." Nira pulls out several pages of fine parchment and slides them to the center of the table.

------------------------------------------------------------

The testimony I offer here is a record of events which happened after the discussions of rebellion Komako the Hawk spoke of in her testimony. It's important to note that Fenris was already plotting rebellion before the reprimands he received, which I will now discuss as background for my testimony.

As His Grace will remember, some 3 weeks ago Fenris Sigismund was asked to resign his office as sheriff after an event in our public commons. Fenris had for a long time been taunting and publicly humiliating one of our members, Elix, including frequent undeserved kicks. This kind of grudge was typical of Mr. Sigismund's behavior, for Elix was not the first victim - Beric has also long been a target of his ire. In the final incident leading to his resignation, Fenris did give channel op powers to someone who was really just a guest in our channel, in order that he might help in the kicking and taunting of Elix. His friendship with this anonymous individual was more important than the fair pursuit of his duties, and so he was asked to step down and offered the position of Ranger instead.

A few days later, in a council chamber meeting (which I've been told Protonix has been disseminating a glimpse of as part of his campaign of petty lies and revenge), Fenris was again reprimanded for another incident, by myself. This time, he had created an alt in a friendly guild under false pretenses - an action which is strictly forbidden by Duchy law - and not only that but he was very sloppy about it. He was further reprimanded by the Duke privately when the full nature of this became clear - a reprimand which was not harsh or angry on the Duke's part.

I tell you all this as background to the following testimony. That after the mentioned private reprimand, Fenris Sigismund did come to me with numerous complaints against the Duke's person. He was angrily and vocally trying to sway my loyalty away from His Grace. I submit into evidence the following relevant phrases from this conversation:

[2006-08-18 23:15:19] <[WSX]Fenris> It's frustrating, I want to just find him and take the 1 hour drive to talk to his ass man-to-man almost, see if THEN he can act like an actual human being about this.

(Note that Mr. Sigismund never did approach the Duke, in writing or in person, about his situation, even upon my urging that he do so.
    I feel confident that if he had, a lot of misunderstanding might have been smoothed and ugliness averted. Instead, Fenris chose to put all blame on the Duke and keep none for himself, to speak ill behind His Grace's back and to continue to plot rebellion.)

[2006-08-18 23:23:42] <[WSX]Fenris> But yeah, I like Wessex.. I like the community, and I like our image. The thing is I just don't like the Duke, I don't think he is a very good leader in general, he has no empathy for his people at all.. And I think that he thinks he's better than us
    [2006-08-18 23:24:08] <[WSX]Fenris> He takes his whole royalty role too seriously imo, this is just a game, roleplay is fine but why can't we all relax, drop the barriers and be friends for a change?
    [2006-08-18 23:24:57] <[WSX]Fenris> The thing is, it's his own fucking fault what happened in SB, i've heard the stories...

(Here did Sigismund repeat the same lies about pre-Wessex to me, trying to sway my loyalty. However, he neglected to mention the true causes or circumstances of those incidents. I can only assume this kind of seditious talk was typical of his interaction with Komako, Savanna, and the other members he approached.)

[2006-08-18 23:28:40] <[WSX]Nira> There's the other part though, and that's the idea of making it more than just a bunch of guys playing a game. A real functioning feudal kingdom.
    [2006-08-18 23:29:21] <[WSX]Fenris> There needs to be some sort of compromise though, it can function like a kingdom.. But the Duke doesn't need to have the personality of a king OOC
    [2006-08-18 23:32:26] <[WSX]Fenris> It's like none of us really matter to him as anything past tools really, we're all sort of expendable :P
    [2006-08-18 23:33:56] <[WSX]Fenris> The Dukes got some grand vision, but none of the qualities in a leader that make people follow someone, he doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities past that vision.
    [2006-08-18 23:34:41] <[WSX]Fenris> He's smart, sure, but past that he is ruthless and incompassionate, he doesn't have anything that really makes someone go "This is someone i'd really like to have leading my guild, he seems cool!"

(If the court pleases, let me just say this: although my opinion is not unbiased - when is opinion ever objective? - Fenris' judgment of the Duke is innacurate and unfair. As a member of the cabinet I speak with the Duke regularly, much more so than Fenris ever did; I find him to be professional, eloquent, patient, understanding, and never - never - angry. A professional tone is often preferred to a buddy-buddy tone, especially when discussing official business, which I find prudent. He has in fact the qualities I seek out in a leader, not the ruthless dominating persona Fenris tries to paint him with.)

As always loyal to Duchy and Duke, so is my testimony.

Nira Nathair
    Mistress of Heralds

------------------------------------------------------------

Nira frowns and looks over the assembled crowd, clearly unhappy in her duty to report the events on the scrolls.

Closed Thread

Thread Information