+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Promotional videos/images

Guiscard Guest

Maybe I'm not experienced enough to have the sort of humour some of you do, but prehaps we could style our recruitment posters differently? For example, the Germans were very good at creating effective, blunt, and strong recruitment posters. Now here are some examples:

Prehaps we could create a recruitment poster along these lines. Show the vast power and resources of Wessex, but with the flare of our religion and history?

Surly von Fishbarrel is offline Baron of Urth
    Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

Nazis scare people.

Those aern't German, lol

Guiscard Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Von Fishbarrel
    Nazis scare people.
    Agreed. Try to look past the Nazi propaganda, and look instead to see its qualities for recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beric
    Those aern't German, lol
    To answer Beric's question, these are German, and they are used for the recruitment of Dutch personal. I used these as examples since the two propaganda posters shown above were some of the most effective the SS ever used.

Fenris Guest

Yeah... How about we stay as far away from anything vaguely representing nazi recruitment posters as possible?

Nira Nathair is offline Former Royal Queen of Heralds Esteemed Guest

The corny propoganda poster look of both Nazi and mid-century American "artists" is not very effective on today's youth, raised in a media-rich environment. You need something both eye-catching and clever, and those are neither.

Fenris Guest

Plus the german ones scream nazi's, and we all know Wessexians aren't babykillers!

Miles Dei is offline Knight Bachelor
    Knight of the Solar Legion

Prince of Hyperion

I am.

Guiscard Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas
    I am.
    Agreed.

Answering all who criticize my examples, maybe your right. But, there must be some smuck whose contemporary... maybe it works for the more impressionable. But, your right, with today’s knowledgeable youth they would more likely frown upon such blunt propaganda. The opposite of that is clever indoctrination, therefore I recommend that we strive for such recruitment values.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information