+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Promotional videos/images

Nira Nathair is offline Former Royal Queen of Heralds Esteemed Guest

Well, don't get me wrong... the propoganda style could be effective if you take it to a ridiculous extreme - then it's clever.

Also my point was not that today's youth are knowledgeable and will react negatively to propoganda. It's that we've grown up on television, action flics, bright color magazines, flashing billboards, the 30 second advertisement and the 5 second sound byte. Our eyes simply move right over things that don't reach out and GRAB them.

In more ways than one, we're very close to the futurist style that grew up with the fascist states in europe - speed, progress, conflict. The difference is that the media technology they had available was much more subdued and limited.

So, a propoganda poster that's flashy and over-the-top in its message could work quite well.
    Last edited by Nira Nathair; 07-21-2006 at 06:06 PM.

Surly von Fishbarrel is offline Baron of Urth
    Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

Like if we put a big picture of a penis on it. Except that'll attract the wrong kind of attention.

Guiscard Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Von Fishbarrel
    Like if we put a big picture of a penis on it. Except that'll attract the wrong kind of attention.
    Choice comment Herr Lord von Fishbarrel, very choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nira Nathair
    Well, don't get me wrong... the propoganda style could be effective if you take it to a ridiculous extreme - then it's clever.

Also my point was not that today's youth are knowledgeable and will react negatively to propoganda. It's that we've grown up on television, action flics, bright color magazines, flashing billboards, the 30 second advertisement and the 5 second sound byte. Our eyes simply move right over things that don't reach out and GRAB them.

In more ways than one, we're very close to the futurist style that grew up with the fascist states in europe - speed, progress, conflict. The difference is that the media technology they had available was much more subdued and limited.

So, a propoganda poster that's flashy and over-the-top in its message could work quite well.
    Well my point of introducing such examples may be defined in your reasons. I just stated that if today's youth was smarter, which was implied, then another type of propaganda should be valued. However, going back to impressionable, fast, blunt, and down right corny, if we could take it to a extreme then maybe, as you say, it could be quite effective.

I like media and my now glazed over eyes that have resulted from countless hours of TV.
    January 5th, 2006

Jai Guest

If some people come up with some images then we could give them feedback etc. I'll try one when I get some spare time off work.

Delthena DeTaron Guest

http://files.filefront.com/Got_Wesse.../fileinfo.html

Just tossed together. It's imagery from the game Medieval - Total War 2, since I have no footage from Darkfall.

...and here's another.
    http://files.filefront.com/GatesOpen.../fileinfo.html
    Small and kinda.. eh, but still - different.
    Last edited by Delthena DeTaron; 08-12-2006 at 09:56 PM.

Delthena DeTaron Guest

Default Promotional Video

How's this? A tad over a minute long.

http://files.filefront.com/Join_Uswm.../fileinfo.html

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

lol I like that. It's like a promotional tourism video. I recognize the guy from Mists of Avalon, but what about the rest?

Miles Dei is offline Knight Bachelor
    Knight of the Solar Legion

Prince of Hyperion

Of the three, I liked the last one the best. Your Grace?

oh, you beat me to it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information