+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about Ganking

Syron Draymore Guest

Default Question about Ganking

Let's say there's an instance were a member (or few members) of Wessex gank a member of another guild. The guild finds out they're from Wessex, and they get pissed, and there is lots of tension. What would Wessex do to or for those members?

Joe Bob Guest

Offenses Punishable by Fine and Public Humiliation:
    • Let no one burgle, vandalize or rob the property or chattel of his fellow subject.
    • Let no one molest or harass his fellow subject.
    • Let no one rouse the ire of foreign nations against our realm by recklessness and idiocy.
    • Let minor breaches of feudal oath likewise be answerable according to the provisions of their charters.
    Feudal Law:
    • Open violation of the oath of fealty will be seen as treasonous and answerable with dread force, save in cases when both parties shall consent to mutually dissolve the union.
    • Liege men of the duke shall not be beholden to any foreign sovereign to pledge their assets in military or economic aid, nor preclude themselves or their own subinfeudated liege men from acting in aggression or defense against said foreign nation (Non Aggression Pacts), save that the realm as a whole be bound in treaty.(per Decree of Candlemas) (Amended per House Bill 11A)
    • Aggressive action or threat thereof toward foreign nations the realm is not at war with shall not be initiated by landholders or fiefholders, save insofar as they may have cause to defend an imminent attack against their fiefs, their persons, their followers, or the realm at large. (per Decree of Candlemas)
    • A knight of the realm is empowered to mentor two at any given time whom he shall name as esquires. The knight shall notify the college of heralds and commission arms for any new esquires.
    • Knights, baronets, and thanes may only be tried for criminal offenses by the Duke of Wessex or his chancellor.

http://www.duchyofwessex.org/wiki/index.php/Laws

Well, it sort of depends on who exactly is the "ganked"? If it's an enemy, by all means, gank him and camp him like there is no tomorrow.

If it's someone neutral? Well, there's numerous ways to approach this if they're neutral.

Neutral - Belongs to a Guild

Don't see why anything would happen to the people who ganked him.

Neutral - Belongs to a Large Guild

A possible sit down with the gankers, if anything probably tell them not to gank those people from that guild.

Neutral - Guildless

Don't see why anything would happen.

Pretty sure Hyperion/WSX is strong enough to just brush off the complaints of smaller neutral/guildless players.
    I quit Darkfall 05.24.2009

Syron Draymore Guest

I'm basing this post on Afayir's post.
    So, would anything happen to someone who ganked a guildless player?
    I only ask these questions because when I asked what people looked forward to in Darkfall, a good majority seemed to say ganking people.

Joe Bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Draymore View Post
    I'm basing this post on Afayir's post.
    So, would anything happen to someone who ganked a guildless player?
    I only ask these questions because when I asked what people looked forward to in Darkfall, a good majority seemed to say ganking people.
    No. If they can't reprimand us...

The question is, what is ganking? Are you attacking them for a valuable monster resource or a mining resource? Or are they on our land and your attacking them due to lack of permission? I'd say, if they're guildless and show a lack of intelligence, feel free to make some money. If they have a guild that is not an enemy, approach and try and find a solution, possibly make some friends if they're in our area. Open roads within Agon, not on or near Wessex territory seems like fair game for anyone, as long as they're not allied with us.

If they aren't marked by the Heraldic lists, they're fair game--killing them is the equivalent of murdering "barbarians".

Syron Draymore Guest

So if they're neutral, guildless, and show no hostility, you still have the right to kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Draymore View Post
    So if they're neutral, guildless, and show no hostility, you still have the right to kill them?
    Free loot is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Komako the Hawk View Post
    Free loot is free.
    Auros will know His own.
    ora pugna lege relege perpugna et invenies
    ornata purpura regis lucem tibi dat et fides

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information