Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Project - A Guide to Better Serfdom

Surly von Fishbarrel is offline Baron of Urth
    Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

Default Project - A Guide to Better Serfdom

Project Leaders-
    Von Fishbarrel

Outline-
    "A Guide to Better Serfdom" will be a new member's guide to advancement, jobs, and what to expect out of the guild. It can also be distributed as reading material to those looking at Wessex as a prospective guild to join. The object of the pamphlet is to educate new members so that they know exactly how the guild works, and help alleviate that feeling of beiing an "outsider" for the first few months.

Work Completed So far-
    www.duchyofwessex.org/pub/wguide.pdf

Use this thread to discuss your thoughts on the work done so far, and give ideas on what should be placed into it! I'm particularly interested to hear what our newer members have to say on this subject. Those of us who have been around a while have no way of knowing what it's like to be new in Wessex, and can only reference what it was like when we joined.

Crafall Guest

Good guide so far, some people who haven't read the innerworkings of the guild might want a little more elaboration on step 3 though. although the ranks are defined on the website, if you want this to be an all in one guide you might want to put the prereq for the ranks and what duties that entail.

Protonix Guest

I would recommend drawing information from both fireside chats and especially use of Komako's hierarchy chart.

We'll have a more in-depth guide for such things. This is just supposed to be a basic pamphlet to give people an idea of what it's like to be in Wessex, not to detail every aspect of the guild. The final product shouldn't exceed 15 pages.

So, for the newbie guide I was thinking along the lines of:

FAQ - All those particular questions that are commonly asked.

Clan Muster, so they know who to brown nose

Setles' layout
    Komako's Layout

Guides to Yeoman Positions, These will take awhile. Guiscard is working on one, Envoy, I believe

Debate Topics, Could probably go in the FAQ if we had official answers.
    Anyone got suggestions or FAQ questions?

Correct topic, Fishbarrel?
    January 5th, 2006

yes

Miles Dei is offline Knight Bachelor
    Knight of the Solar Legion

Prince of Hyperion

Komako's newest Rank pages are hawt. Redundancy shouldn't be an issue and they can be included here, as well.

I think it looks really good, relaxed yet informative, and the chicken made me laugh.

I can't really think of any FAQ that won't be covered in this guide though...

Perhaps something about out of game things like mIRC and Ventrilo?

Yeah, perhaps. Want to write any chapters? That's kind of what this thread is for! I'm thinking about condensing it even further than it is already. I think with the initial FAQ there, we need only cover "advancement" and "key people in the guild". The other guides which have started recently will cover much of the other stuff in detail.

Yeah everything will be generally covered on the forums and things. I think it was just bringing it out so they don't have to search. Like if you go view some threads there are questions answered that don't relate to the topic names and will probably disappear with the thread.
    January 5th, 2006

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information