Closed Thread

Thread: RETIRED - Oath of Office - Beric, Reeve

Nira Nathair is offline Former Royal Queen of Heralds Esteemed Guest

Default RETIRED - Oath of Office - Beric, Reeve

"I, Beric, swear that I will administer revenue without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as Reeve under the Duke and laws of the Duchy of Wessex. So help me Morgaine.

I shall well and truly collect and receive the common goods and revenues and make lawful and true expenditures from the same, as appropriate and when I am duly requested or ordered by the Exchequer or Duke. And I shall give a good and true reckoning of the same, before the Duke and Exchequer and community, when I am required to or reasonably forewarned to by the duke's officers. So help me Morgaine.

It is agreed, with the assent of the community, that those who shall assess the tax shall swear to assess it well and faithfully, sparing no man through love or friendship, nor taxing any man excessively through hate or malice, but assessing each man's tax through consideration of his goods and chattels, his estate, and goods that he uses in mercantile activities. And I shall honestly perform all duties that are associated with the office of Reeve within the franchise of this realm. So help me Morgaine."

Last edited by Twyster Stronngust; 11-10-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Retired - Is no longer a Reeve.

Closed Thread

Thread Information