Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Assize!

Today we have gathered to pass judgement on the accused guild member, Darithos.

But let me first remind the jury that this is a court of blind justice, and as such you are all expected to judge only facts, disregarding any previous friendships or hostilities that may in any way sway your objectivity.

I will begin by presenting the evidence that has been shown to me:

The way the events have been presented -- one of our members, Orishas Morgan the reeve, decided to share his account for a certain game to all of the members of Wessex.

A noble act which, as it appears, was taken advantaged of by the defendant, whom as it's told stole the account for himself, changing the password and the email to that of his own.

Evidence
    The e-mail used, as it turns out, can easily be linked to both the name, age, and state of the defendant, making it clear that, given the circumstances, we are talking about the same person here -- Darithos.

Timeline
    This is a rough timeline of events, given to my by the victim.
    Timeline:

A) I gave the info to Darithos 2 days ago. He was unable to login meaning he probably got the wrong password.

B) Yesterday I gave him the correct info. He messaged me and my RL friend who also used the account (and has been for several weeks) constantly (at a couple points only 20 minutes apart) asking if we would get off.

C) At 1am my time (earlier for him since he lives in Hawaii) I logged off and let him know he could use the account.

D) At 2:13 am I recieved an email saying my account info has been changed to a new email address: ........... I did not see this email until 11am but at that point when I tried to log in the password did not work. (I can forward this to you)

E) I googled ........ - found a few hits - profiles of this person had said they were 27 years old, and made posts on the warhammer gaming forum (Darithos just happens to be 27 according to his profile and is in warhammer beta)
    Now that the evidence has been presented, I give the word over to the defence to give their rebuttal.
    Last edited by Erwin Carius; 04-26-2008 at 05:57 PM.

The defendant is given two more days to respond, after which I will give judgement based on the currently available evidence.

The defendant is hereby sentenced to outlawry and banishment from all cities of Wessex. Should he ever show himself on ducal territory, our laws will not protect him.

*nods*
    http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...sex/siggy7.png

"...the month of cakes, which is that month the English offered to their gods."
    (St Bede: 673-735 AD)

I should hope that this is a lesson to all of you on passwords and security. Trust no-one.

Ventrilo Night Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Einar Tyrssen View Post
    I should hope that this is a lesson to all of you on passwords and security. Trust no-one.
    You should by all means be able to thrust another Wessex member. Don't let one rotten egg destroy that.

Yeah, I agree with that. I don't want to live in constant suspicion of others. Giving trust to someone and having it honored is a great feeling.

However, you can be aware of the fact that someone can abuse that trust.

Better that the environment exists where you can trust and WHEN (you'll notice I do not use the word IF ) the bad apple violates it they are punished accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono View Post
    You should by all means be able to thrust another Wessex member. Don't let one rotten egg destroy that.
    While I do agree with this statement, I believe we should be a little more aware of who we are lending game accounts or whatever. Trial members still have yet to prove themselves, and even new members are still a little iffy. A lot of the newer members are getting accepted and then going inactive.

Maybe we should introduce a post-trail stage. Well after the person has been made a villien he goes into this post-trail stage. He will not know this, he will still be called a villien or a footman or whatever but after another month, if he hasnt been active he should get dropped to trail again. Well something like this.

edit: i said alot of "he" then but this still aplies for women. No sexism here!

Glacier Harmon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tewdric View Post
    Maybe we should introduce a post-trail stage. Well after the person has been made a villien he goes into this post-trail stage. He will not know this, he will still be called a villien or a footman or whatever but after another month, if he hasnt been active he should get dropped to trail again. Well something like this.

edit: i said alot of "he" then but this still aplies for women. No sexism here!
    What about for the people that read more than post? I'll probably be in that category... I usually post if it's funny or important. Other than that, I usually just read others posts.

Closed Thread

Thread Information