+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HIE MENS!!!1 (srsly haaaaaay) :]

Quote Originally Posted by Dafur Hammertoe View Post
    As the leader of a vassal state, what is your Wessex status? Where do you fit into the hierarchy peer wise?
    As they said, for now I am a knight. After Sleggjaholl gains in size and ability I'll probably be a peer. Depends, I guess, on how large Sleggjaholl gets.

ALSO IDEA:
    If you're joining Wessex, but have friends who you'd think enjoy playing Vikings, forward them to me.

The idea of you taking away possible Wessex recruits doesn't really bode well with me. I'd assume Wessex recruiting efforts would be to enlarge the number of Wessex.. All is well until you begin to threaten the prosperity of our clan.
    January 5th, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Dafur Hammertoe View Post
    The idea of you taking away possible Wessex recruits doesn't really bode well with me. I'd assume Wessex recruiting efforts would be to enlarge the number of Wessex.. All is well until you begin to threaten the prosperity of our clan.
    We're on the same side. ...

If they're turned away by the particular structure of Wessex or it's lore, but like mine they're going to GO TO ME ANYWAYS. Besides, my member count is a drop in the bucket to yours and if I take away a max of, oh, ten the who cares? You're going to get 30 in the course of my ten anyways.

Plus, every time I recruit a member, that's one that Wessex didn't. So are you discouraging Wessex' allies from gaining members? I don't entirely follow you.

Are you implying that the new Wessex members are expendable? I'm not discouraging your growth, but I don't see it as healthy if its at the expense of valuable Duchy members' references.
    January 5th, 2006

Caius has got the right of it. It's what political parties do. Every party will more or less do the exact same thing in office, but in order to appeal to different demographs, they offer different things. In the end, our Duchy is the corporate entity that dictates terms to the political parties and benefits from corporate equity!

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

lol You see? It's a happy world after all.

Well, yes.. but as a separate entity we can't necessarily regulate or standardize their drills, or merit the qualification of the ranks given to Caius' members by Caius.
    January 5th, 2006

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

Caius and I made sure we were on the same page with ranks. That's one of the great things about Sleggjaholl in this arrangement - all the Sleggjaholl ranks have direct equivalences to the Wessex ranks, even with regard to both social and military rank.

But as a subsidiary to us, it's not our job to manage precisely how their work gets done. All that's expected is that they deliver reliable and satisfactory military and political results when called upon, in exchange for being allowed to exist within our realm. Think of it a bit like a private contracting service. We get them to do a job, they get it done. We don't need to bother ourselves with how they got it done unless it's going to get us in trouble with some legal agencies or something.

At least, that's my interpretation of this situation.

Surly von Fishbarrel is offline Baron of Urth
    Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

Brokk was absolutely my favorite dwarf from the Eddas.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information