+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Community Platform Development

Bernardo dei Medici is offline His Grace, Lord Chancellor of Hyperion
    Doge of Aquileia

Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

Our website, http://www.silversunrepublic.com is the most current version of the platform.

I'm currently in the middle of moving from California to Wisconsin then out to North Dakota over the series of the next 2 to 3 weeks. Once I get settled in I'll be hitting the development path hardcore once again.

Doge of Aquileia

Currently a work in progress, I'll be updating from here as I go along. Below are the physical products of what I'll be accomplishing.

Temporary Community Site

Login
    Secure Login

Account Creation
    Auto-generator from forums
    Admin created accounts

Profile Listing
    By Social Class/Lord
    Avatar - by pledge or Coat of Arms

User Profile Editing
    Self initiated profile changes
    Biography

Admin Panel
    Report Generation

Deran Malath Guest

Didn't you have something like this up and running at some point?

I think i cracked your login system in that one.

Doge of Aquileia

Yeah, that was just the old "for looks" system. The new one is all driven from the same page and the security is driven from a database rather than a few scripts and a cookie. The last revision for wsx was pretty pathetic in the security department.

Doge of Aquileia

I worked on the site a bit more today.

I remade the contracting system to make it much more intuitive and easy to understand. I also integrated a bit more with vBulletin to control usergroup membership from the Soacio control panel. Now when you change someone's position within Soacio, it will change their usergroup to reflect those changes.

My next step, which will be sometime tomorrow, is to add a "pledge" system with which we will be able to move players between lords and "Noble Houses" as the Republic has adopted. Tied in with this pledge system is the ability for the Duke to grant fiefs to lords and then for their coat of arms to be reflected as their profile avatar. A user's home "location" will also be changed to the fief in which their lord resides. Fief's will be tied to the Noble House system and also come with a management window for the lord to list his landed assets such as defensive and industrial structures.

After that its a few cosmetics and updates for the Republic, then I will begin porting everything over of the existing hardcoded features that work specifically for the Republic. I'm trying to make it all dynamic so I can have a database driven system for backgrounds, banners, images, etc.

The last big hurdle will be the integration into existing Duchy assets. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it though.

The final project after all this is done is the Ventrilo account creation system. Each user who registers and is approved as a full member will have a Ventrilo account and password generated for them to use on our server. This will allow us to do away with passworded servers so that we can engage in a "lockdown" should any others attempt to spam attack or harrass us. I hate redistributing passwords, so this way we'll be able to maintain a high level of security with little to no pain.

Once all these things are done ... I'm taking a vacation from the internets

Doge of Aquileia

Progress!

Here is what the current implementation of the new contracting system looks like. It is all in one form and helps show the flow of the process. Each new step becomes available to edit as you complete each previous one. It also captures a timestamp for you each time you submit a step.

I notice in there a static contract bid from the buyer. Might it not be more advantageous to an efficient economy to set up a lowest-bid system for sellers which a buyer may then approve?

Doge of Aquileia

This is the record end of the contracting system. Finding a contractor is up to the individual or officer handling the contract.

Dreign Swift Guest

Genius... I can't wait to see this system when all the goodies are implemented and synchronized. This kind of thing will place us leagues above the majority of our competition. To understate.

The contract system looks great!
    Keep up the good work!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information