I, Quinton Emeka, swear to be faithful to His Grace the Duke, and to the Chancellor, and the Chamberlain, and to the Yeomen and Burgesses, and to all the Good People of Wessex at all times and in all duties associated with the office of Clerk, performing them without fear or favoritism or hatred and without outside influence. I shall be obedient to the Duke, Chamberlain and Chancellor, and write true records, and give honest counsel whenever I am asked or ordered to do so; and I shall perform all other duties that are associated with the office of Clerk of the Ducal Court.

I will not spread among the Duke, Chancellor, Chamberlain, Yeoman and Burgesses any inaccurate, distorted or false report on any matter with which I have official dealings, but without any fraud will communicate information accurately to the best of my knowledge between the degrees of the Duchy.

In all matters I will behave efficiently but disinterestedly towards Yeomen, Burgesses and villeins of every degree, and to the community, whether in writing, examining, reporting or any other action required by my official duties.

I will reveal to no-one the deliberations of the same, to the damage or discredit of the Duchy. If I know or learn of anything which I believe may bring harm or disgrace to the Duchy, I will warn the Duke, the Chancellor or one of the Cabinet Officers or Yeomen whom I consider will be willing and able to help me remedy the situation as is best.

I shall not stir up discord or dissension between the Chancellor, the Chamberlain, Yeomen and degrees of the boroughs and community, or between any of their members, either openly or secretly; if I become aware of any such discords or dissensions I shall do my best to quell them, and may for the purpose of such suppression reveal my knowledge of them to others who may be able to assist in the suppression. So help me Our Radiant Lord God.

Quinton Emeka