+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oath of Service - Esquire Vega Warchild to His Grace the Doge Bernardo dei Medici

Default Oath of Service - Esquire Vega Warchild to His Grace the Doge Bernardo dei Medici

Let it be known, to all who bear witness to my words, written or spoken, as I do declare this Oath of Service as Esquire to His Grace, Bernardo dei Medici, Lord Chancellor of Hyperion, Doge of Aquileia, Knight Commander of the Solar Legion, until he bid me leave or shall find in me merits deserving.

I vow;

To offer no threat, nor injury, nor disrespect, to any my Lord hold as friend,
    To offer no disrespect to any, including the enemies of my Lord, even if they should deserve it,
    To be observant and thoughtful in all things, whether by the tutelage of my Lord or by the words of others,
    To lead those with whom I am entrusted, both on and off the battlefield, with honor and prudence in the name of my Lord,
    To show not fear, nor doubt, no matter the task set before me,
    To seek and share all knowledge, and uphold an oath of honesty, to my Lord where I find and hold such knowledge,
    To uphold, be true, and be faithful to the Laws of my Lord, and of the Carta Solis, with every fiber of my being,
    To defend the beliefs of the Kingdom of Hyperion, of the Duchy of Wessex, and those of my Lord,
    To swear my utter loyalty to His Majesty, Manus Dei, until my Lord release me, or Death take me,
    To uphold the standards and codes of Chivalry, in defending the weak, helping the poor, and to uphold the values and defend the Church of Soldeus, to the best of my ability;

As a man, I shall be honorable, just, and courteous; as a soldier I shall be fearless, dedicated, and unflinching; and as a servant I shall be faithful, virtuous, and definite.

May Soldeus give me wisdom and strength to see this Oath fulfilled in its fullest.
    Vanzan Vega, Esquire
    Exchequer
    Deputy Constable of Wessex
    Brevet Captain of Hyperion

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

Manus, by the Grace of God, King of Hyperion, Duke of Wessex, Count of Elba.

Having failed in his duty as squire to Doge Medici, and having failed as first sergeant of the garrison to serve as a bridge between our soldiers and our court, from Vanzan Vega these arms are attainted, and his oath of service rescinded.

Wessex

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information