Closed Thread

Thread: Oath of Fealty - Knight Kentalis Wraithborn

Default Oath of Fealty - Knight Kentalis Wraithborn

Before all who stand before me, within this grand structure symbolizing the magnificence of our cause, I, Kentalis Wraithborn, Knight of the Realm, do hereby swear fealty to His Majesty, King of Hyperion, Manus Dei.

I and mine swear to uphold and enforce the common law, the Carta Solis, to abide by the decisions of His Majesty and his cabinet, and to honor any proclamations or decrees issued by the Crown.

I have received a fiefdom located east of land held by the Baron Cian from King Manus, to be henceforth known as "God's Eye Lake", containing the entirety of the lake, stretching to the Southern Coast, westward halfway to Baron Cians land from the western shores of the lake, and eastward toward a border now midway between said lake and the fortress currently held by Spectre Legion

In return for God's Eye Lake, with the help of The Kingdom and the leave of His Majesty, I pledge to build a mighty fortress, and be the shield that guard's the realms from the incursions of those less civilized, so that our commonfolk may not live in fear. I pledge to patrol the route's our enemies would take into our kingdom, and pledge to provide at least ten able-bodied men and women to fight in any campaign my liege calls.

By Soldeus' name, I shall, to his Grace, be loyal and stalwart, a champion of his will. I shall bring pride to our people, and bring ruin to our enemies, so long as his Grace holds me to his bosom. This I swear now, and forever.
    Last edited by Kentalis Wraithborn; 12-04-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

I, Manus, by the grace of God, King of Hyperion, Duke palatine of Wessex, Count of Elba, Grand Master of the Solar Legion of Honor, make known to those present and to come that I have given in fee to Sir Kentalis and his heirs the estate which is called God's Eye Lake, which lies northeast across the watery channel from Wessex; and whatever the same Sir Kentalis shall be able to acquire in the same estate and its environs I have granted to him and his heirs in augmentation of that fief I have granted. I have also granted to Sir Kentalis the right to build a fortress in this territory. I have by royal warrant allowed for the loan of a mason and carpenter capable of constructing this fortress for Sir Kentalis. Sir Kentalis has agreed to fight our causes and to receive protection from us in turn. The same Sir Kentalis, moreover, on account of this has become my liege man, as duke of Wessex as well as king of Hyperion.

Given by my own witness, in the ninth year of our reign,

Manus Rex

Manus, King of Hyperion, Duke of Wessex
    Last edited by Manus Dei; 12-02-2017 at 10:20 AM.

By my hand and the Wyvern Seal of Wessex, the College of Arms finds this Oath of Fealty to be given in good order and witnesses it along with its Acceptance, hereby recording them.

May the Radiant Lord shine brightly upon His Majesty Manus Dei, King of Hyperion, Duke of Wessex; upon the noble Sir Kentalis Wraithborn; and, upon all these desmesnes and the good people therein.

Apoca Ailen
    of the College of Arms
    of the Duchy of Wessex

Closed Thread

Thread Information