+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cvs

Default ...

Hehe okay okay don't worry I'll give you the documentation I was going to setup the repository myself once the CVS command was working.

Here's the documentation in pdf format

Surly von Fishbarrel is offline Baron of Urth
    Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

Well I still don't see what the problem is. Maybe you didn't specify the CVSROOT variable? I created a folder called cvsroot in your home directory now so you have access to all of its shit (don't fuck with any of the files inside the folder, ever). I did a cvs init from the wsxgame user successfully so... hmm. I don't know what else could be the problem, try it out and I'll fuck with it some more if it's still broke.

Default ...

Yes there does seem to be a problem with the file tree. After you created the cvsroot/CVSROOT/ I created a folder called RTS in it for fun and then I tried to access this cvsroot/CVSROOT/RTS and it told me this path didn't exist... So here is what I think is going on ^_^ I could quite possibly be in the root of the actual server itself, because how else would I not have the rights to create a folder called RTS? So I'm obviously not in my own folder -_- which is an issue with wincvs itself

Now this brings me to the CVSROOT variable path, which I tried to find and edit but alas could not. So here's something we could try. Tell me the ENTIRE path of the directory you made for us. You might have successfully created it because you gave the entire path. It would be pretty sad if the in built ssh for wincvs didn't include that but then again it might be something you'd have to set yourself on your server because I think we're executing it from your server... regardless just tell me the full path and send it over an e-mail.

/home/wsxgame/CVSROOT

You should have full ownership rights to the folder now as wsxgame. try doing "cvs init" in ssh. if that works, access is working as far as what the documentation is telling me.

Default ...

Everything works now except the checkout proceedure, which I think can be attributed to versioning issues. Wincvs may not have the same cvs version as the one I gave you so I'm going to tweak around with Wincvs.

Edit: nope that was not the issue... after finding some webmail I followed it and figured out the issue. Nice to know that the documentation doesn't mention some of this crap -_-

Edit: Hooray it works now 8) Okay Angeleon I'll help you out with setting it up.

Default ...

I can't believe it... I think Angeleon left on his trip already! No code made available to us either! -_-

Well I guess I'll just prepare for his return then by doing silly opengl programs while I wait...

So......

hehe, no I have not left... Just getting used to living at my mothers place, and it took longer than expected. I'm not gone though and I'm just going to set up my environment so that I can compile the code so I know it is at least not faulty, then I'll cvs it.
    "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

Default ...

Take your time... just don't leave without giving us your code. Also we need to refresh some of the pages to restate the new things you wanted to incorporate like that thing whose name I cannot remember

hehe, I won't =)
    Refresh? Honestly, I can't remember what you are refering to... When did I mention it?
    "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information