+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cvs

Default Cvs

We need to get a CVS server setup. Fishbarrel will you do the honors?

Surly von Fishbarrel is offline Baron of Urth
    Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

i don't control the duchyofwessex.org domain any longer

Default ...

We need who ever has control of the duchy server to help set the CVS server up for us or if you're okay with it Fish, we would like to set it up on your server. The links to the binaries are here:

-NO GOOD-

And the link to the pdf manual is here:

-NO GOOD-

The pdf is rather big so give it some time to load.

Default ...

upon further inspection it would appear as if this CVS version is not the one I wanted ;P I will keep looking for one that has better checkout proceedures.

Okay I've found a CVS system I've used before but I never was the one to setup the server so I don't know how it is done exactly.

The CVS-GUI version is located here:

http://www.wincvs.org/download.html

I'm reading through the material to see how one would go about getting this to work but chances are the majority of the server would have to be done by the administrator of the server.

Here is what I've got so far. It supports the following protocols:
    gserver
    ntserver
    pserver
    server
    sserver
    ssh
    sspi

Out of all of these I only know about SSH so if anyone with an understanding of servers would know whether or not your servers run these it would be nice to know. It is also important that the servers can give read and write capabilities.

That thing only works on a windows server, I use CentOS (Linux)

Default ...

That's just the windows client. Here's how the program works now that I've read up on it. We need a communal space that we can all access and have read and write permissions too. So now the client will access this communal file section with a ssh (i.e. like a secure ftp) and it will upload and auto-create a directory there from the client. I now just need to tell Angeleon the SSH account login and password and as soon as he logins in with the CVS client it will read the files there and immediately know what is going on. So there is no server program running at all. All the information is in the files saved on the server, which is why it needs read write access. It's an ingenious self built in client/server program.

oh, it's all client side and it just uploads its own tracking files?

why don't you just use Dreamweaver's built in CVS and handle it over FTP? Or is this particular CVS, uh, better for some reason?

I can set up shell access to some random directory if you want though, does it need to be web-accessible?

Default ...

oh, it's all client side and it just uploads its own tracking files?
    Aye the tracking files are uploaded from what I can tell.

why don't you just use Dreamweaver's built in CVS and handle it over FTP? Or is this particular CVS, uh, better for some reason?
    I don't know but I'm guessing dreamweaver is for html mostly and this one can handle all files and it's free but I'm guessing dreamweaver's is free too right? Otherwise I don't really know ;P I've just been taught to use this one mostly.

I can set up shell access to some random directory if you want though, does it need to be web-accessible?
    Web-accessible? I'm slightly confused as to what you mean by this but err yeah if you can give us ssh access to a random directory and give us read and write on the user that can access that directory then yeah it will work 8)

does the apache server need to index the folder? that's what i meant.

dreamweaver handles all files, actually... the editor in it is pretty basic and has some good features for coding like being able to collapse X to X line numbers, for instance. i'll get a ssh folder and account set up.

66.90.102.20:1821
    usr: wsxgame
    pass: W3ss1x

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information