+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from Lux Arcana

Default Greetings from Lux Arcana

Greetings members of Wessex,

I am Aydin D'Nair, Elder of Lux Arcana. I have recently introduced myself to Sir Azzerhoden, who invited me to visit these forums. As a member of Lux Arcana I once fought beside yourselves in the great battle against SUN in Darkfall and hopefully may do again in Life is Feudal. Lux Arcana is looking for a sandbox game to get behind and if LiF is the one then it would be good to see some old allies, hence my introduction today.

Jaidyn Sothenic is offline Lord of Brockmoore
    Earl of Launceston

Warden of Wessex

Greetings Aydin, I for one would live to fight side by side with such a great community such as Lux Arcana again and enjoyed the moments we shared in Darkfall when we became allies.

Greetings Mate! Looking forward to fighting along side you if the opportunity arises!

Greetings, Elder Aydin D'Nair!

It was good times. I'm excited about the prospect of LiF in that it can be a game that can involve the entire guild and bring back that sense of interdependency that appears to be missing in a lot of MMOs currently, who seem to just cater for the solo crowd. I have seen that Wessex has a LiF server, would like to join it if that is ok, as the server I was on has now disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydin View Post
    It was good times. I'm excited about the prospect of LiF in that it can be a game that can involve the entire guild and bring back that sense of interdependency that appears to be missing in a lot of MMOs currently, who seem to just cater for the solo crowd. I have seen that Wessex has a LiF server, would like to join it if that is ok, as the server I was on has now disappeared.
    Absolutely. The password is W3ss3x

You are welcome to join as a guild, or to join us. We are south of the NW mountain (Mount Wessex), in the circular clearing. We get raided several times a day (the most was around ten on Saturday). Most of the smaller ones we drive off, but a couple of the larger ones have won against us. So expect fighting at any moment. Right now we are averaging 5+ for most times, but have had 10 or more on. There are 3 larger guilds on the server, Prosperity, La Orden, and the Vanaseins. The last two seem to be the most active raiders. We are never raided (or raid) Spectre Legion, Lianowar Legion, or the Ironbreakers, as we have close ties with them from other games.

I'd recommend popping into our TeamSpeak server when you get ready to log in: voice.duchyofwessex.org
    I'll set your forum permissions shortly.
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

Greetings. I remember the name Lux Arcana from DF 09.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydin View Post
    It was good times. I'm excited about the prospect of LiF in that it can be a game that can involve the entire guild and bring back that sense of interdependence that appears to be missing in a lot of MMOs currently, who seem to just cater for the solo crowd. I have seen that Wessex has a LiF server, would like to join it if that is ok, as the server I was on has now disappeared.
    Yes, both DF and MO weren't really a sandbox at their core, but rather a gankbox, with the sandbox mechanics being underdeveloped side activities. LiF seems to have a solid vision of an actual feudalism MMO, focusing on large interdependent societies and organizations, disregarding whether that'll upset the small-scale PVP/ganking crowd.

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

lol A gankbox!

Hail. I remember our little project where we came back and united the server as "Hyperion" against SUN, long after the real Hyperion had fallen.

Please join us on our server, and if you like LiF, let's talk.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information