+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Current Title-holders and Office-holders?

Default Current Title-holders and Office-holders?

So I've been reading through the Duchy of Wessex introduction book and there are a lot of titles and offices.

Is there a list somewhere of the current office-holders? I mean, I know you can see some next to people's name if they post to see their office and title but I am wondering if there is a current list of offices and titles and who holds them.

I would assume that when the server relaunches and they see who has returned, the clerks would have to put a list together that can constantly be updated as positions change.

There is no list, though I have a project on the books to create one. Any such list has to be maintenance light though, which is always a sticky point. Keep in mind that it would actually need 4 pages: Social, Military, Clerical, and Employment.

My current thinking is to build one within Unity, pulling from a xml file that clerks can update through the tool.
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

Okay great. Thank you guys!

Varrick ChaosWielder is offline Former Parson of the Holy Church of Sol Invictus
    Convicted of treason by His Grace, Bernardo Orienne
    Esteemed Guest

Keep in mind the most recent (3-4 years) appointment to public office, as well as knighthood and above, are very public affairs. You can see those in the Cathedral, as oath's are always sworn in Church, so that it can be official under the eyes of god.
    Yours respectfully in Soldeus,
    His Excellency, The Reverend Father Varrick ChaosWielder, Abbot of the Church of Soldeus
    Head of the Church of Soldeus|The Parson of Nave|Retired Chancellor of Wessex
    http://s10.postimg.org/pnqxqqgvt/var...oswielder2.png

Excellent. Thank you Varrick.

I'm a bit late to the party, but would it not be possible to create a public google document (that can only be edited by those invited to do so) that has the names, titles, and possibly even join date or some other useful information on it?

Name | Social | Military | Clerical | Employment | Join date

Something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca Ailen View Post
    I'm a bit late to the party, but would it not be possible to create a public google document (that can only be edited by those invited to do so) that has the names, titles, and possibly even join date or some other useful information on it?

Name | Social | Military | Clerical | Employment | Join date

Something to that effect.
    Yes, but maintaining it would be a chore, and it would quickly fall out of date. My thought was to build something that would allow us to just use the current forum permissions that would update automatically. However, that would still be months off. So perhaps a google doc would be good for now.

Strike that - thinking of this more I think this would work very well.
    Last edited by Azzerhoden Razeri; 02-08-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Bernardo dei Medici is offline His Grace, Lord Chancellor of Hyperion
    Doge of Aquileia

Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

I'm in favor of your original idea before you lined it out. I can script something for vBulletin fairly easily. Heck, I used to do forum mods for WSX all the time back in the day :P. We'd also use it in SSR and any future group forums so I'm down for putting it together.

Sweet! My thought had been to output it from the forums in an XML format, then I can load them up into a Unity 3D web app. This would allow for an automated 'scroll unrolling' that would be as large as it needed to be.

Something in php that read the dynamically generated xml source would be easier to maintain though for future admins, should the need come to update the code.
    Last edited by Azzerhoden Razeri; 02-08-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Thread Information