+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Codestandard

Surly von Fishbarrel is offline Baron of Urth
    Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

Is the new line for the opening curly brace more common than not? I have to say it grinds against my compulsion pretty effectively. Maybe I should just get used to looking at it that way :P

No, probably equally common. I see both used rather regulary and I just chose the one I use the most. I tend to mix them though, when I program alone, as it hardly matters. The point is for the code to be alike no matter who wrote it so that everyone can review anyone elses code. We could easily change it to have the bracket next to the statement instead of below it.
    "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

Surly von Fishbarrel is offline Baron of Urth
    Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

Yeah, I'm all for standards and such. Easier to read, blah blah blah. I like it, I'm just questioning what's common and what's not since I really haven't worked in many team environments before (which probably means that out of laziness and knowing myself really well that I become sloppy with my own code that no one else reads).

In fact I've only really been attempting to adhere to common standards since I started learning Actionscript 3.0 "the right way" :P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information