+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Allies and Their Roles

Godric Whitetree Guest

I haven't had much time to dedicate to doing hardcore research on this so far, but I have looked into the Republic of the Silver Sun (Brando's guild) a bit. There is a ton of info to sift through, and I'm currently working on deciding what would be most important to our members, not just their recruits. I have decided through this research, though, that much and more will be derived from direct personal contact between our members and those of the other clans.

I think a simple presentation in a format compatible with Word or possibly even Adobe would be sufficient. Heck, I think as long as we keep it real simple we could do it with Notepad...

By the way, thanks for the support, everyone. I know things are progressing rather slowly with this, but I want you all to know I haven't dropped it and have no intentions of doing so.

Simply having their name and diplomatic contacts might be a good starting place.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but just wanted to comment on this topic.
    It was mentioned maintaining a list of frequently encountered clans, and our current relations with them.

I think it may also be somewhat important that if there is a hostile encounter with a non-hostile clan (nuetral or friendly), that we get names of the people involved in the hostility(not just the clan) This may be pretty basic, but I've encountered clan wars starting over rogue members initating pvp, and this could hurt trade relations over nothing.

*edit- clarified something,
    Last edited by Orishas Morgan; 03-03-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Bernardo dei Medici is offline His Grace, Lord Chancellor of Hyperion
    Doge of Aquileia

Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

I agree with you on that points. We're running into that issue constantly with Vanguard and just had an episode last night where about 6 clans were bumping into each other. It all happened so fast that we were calling out targets based on what we *thought* were friendlies. I think we may have PK'd a few of our friends in the process a few times.

When it was all said and done, mass whispers helped straighten things out, but it would have been nice to know who was who.

That being said, we do have a diplomatic relations section on Soacio for people to reference when we do solidify relations with other clans. Officers have access to edit it from the platform's control panel. It is one list for all the guilds hosted there, so we can provide a unified front.

Godric Whitetree Guest

I want to apologize also for not having followed through with this as yet... It seems it is quite the bite I've taken, and it is somewhat difficult to chew.

However, seeing that there is some extra interest in the topic I will resume my initial feat. Also, if there are any envoys who may provide some useful information on the topic, I'd be glad to converse with you.

Deran Malath Guest

AFAIK most envoys are bit out of the loop in things regarding our current political situation, at least i am.

So basicly only things i do know are public knowledge.

Dreign Swift Guest

Missed this thread somehow, glad it was brought back from all those months ago. First thing I thought upon reading it was "this is a perfect work for our idling Envoys. "

Certainly a very important undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono View Post
    But try to make it as public within WSX as possible.
    Like tables in a thread or something, not everyone got access to Excel and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric Whitetree View Post
    I think a simple presentation in a format compatible with Word or possibly even Adobe would be sufficient. Heck, I think as long as we keep it real simple we could do it with Notepad...
    Open Source, fellas! Just have anyone who wants to work on it use the opensource MSOffice replacement "Open Office." It can be downloaded at download.com or openoffice.org

It works flawlessly with any Office document you can throw at it, and any members intending to reference it would have but to download it, this awesome and highly beneficial program. Ok, enough selling.

Excel is such a powerful tool (not that we need a powerful tool for something as simple as Displaying Ally relations), everyone should have it or Open office.
    http://www.duchyofwessex.org/sigs/Orishas-Morgan.jpg

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information