Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heresy of Lucius?

Hybrid View

Default The Heresy of Lucius?

given that ESO has an established dogma I believe we should incorporate equivalencies into our lore. Akatosh would be our equivalent to Soldeus, and Talos being the ascended one would be Lucius.

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Levald Aurelius View Post
    given that ESO has an established dogma I believe we should incorporate equivalencies into our lore. Akatosh would be our equivalent to Soldeus, and Talos being the ascended one would be Lucius.

"Lucius" is not canon. That's a heresy.

I believe in Elder Scrolls lore, the Sun is technically "Magnus", with Julianos sometimes having an Apollo-like role.

Quote Originally Posted by Manus Dei View Post

I believe in Elder Scrolls lore, the Sun is technically "Magnus", with Julianos sometimes having an Apollo-like role.
    I sm not sure if this is the right place to raise these concerns as I am not choosing to play ESO.

Forgive me for this double-you-tee-eff moment I am experiencing, Your Majesty. The comment of "Lucius is a heresy" strikes me as shocking at minimum.

This is what I have been preaching for the past seven months in Mortal Online. This was the premise upon joining the Clergy. This is what I've been collecting donations for. This is what I've been writing in-game books for over tens of painstaking, no backspace ability hours for.

Now it is heresy?

To add on what Father Varrick said. I thought the works of the Usurper is ok before he turned to the Dark Side. I thought the Sol Invictus was the heresy? I thought Lucius, considering his name is splattered all over the dogma, was a prominant figure in our belief.

If anybody can offer some reconciliation on this purely perceived contradiction it would be most helpful.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Azidano Valkran View Post
    I sm not sure if this is the right place to raise these concerns as I am not choosing to play ESO.

Forgive me for this double-you-tee-eff moment I am experiencing, Your Majesty. The comment of "Lucius is a heresy" strikes me as shocking at minimum.

This is what I have been preaching for the past seven months in Mortal Online. This was the premise upon joining the Clergy. This is what I've been collecting donations for. This is what I've been writing in-game books for over tens of painstaking, no backspace ability hours for.

Now it is heresy?

To add on what Father Varrick said. I thought the works of the Usurper is ok before he turned to the Dark Side. I thought the Sol Invictus was the heresy? I thought Lucius, considering his name is splattered all over the dogma, was a prominant figure in our belief.

If anybody can offer some reconciliation on this purely perceived contradiction it would be most helpful.

Many thanks.
    Perhaps this important discussion could be moved to an appropriate forum, together with the posts on the subject made in the incorrect Church forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Camarro Valkran View Post
    Perhaps this important discussion could be moved to an appropriate forum, together with the posts on the subject made in the incorrect Church forum.
    While not part of this discussion, I want to remind Azidano that if he gets excommunicated by the Church of Wessex, I would still consider giving him communion -and- to state generally that what has been seen cannot be unseen.
    Casilda Tametomo, Herald of the Aegis Imperium,
    «Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser, Bettler oder Kaiser? Ob Arm, ob Reich, im Tode gleich.

Quote Originally Posted by Casilda Tametomo View Post
    While not part of this discussion, I want to remind Azidano that if he gets excommunicated by the Church of Wessex, I would still consider giving him communion -and- to state generally that what has been seen cannot be unseen.
    I believe that the excommunicant may attend the service of communion but not receive the sacrament. Anyone giving him or her communion risks interdict themselves. On the subject of unseeing what has been seen, I am assured that it is entirely possible given sufficient motivation - an "act of faith" as one might say.

Quote Originally Posted by Levald Aurelius View Post
    Lucius is as cannon as Soldeus, prior to this we knew him as Auros if I'm not mistaken.
    I very much agree with this, at my current level of understanding.

But how do we reconcile this point-of-view with:

Quote Originally Posted by Manus Dei View Post

I am a little confused now as well, In mine studies to become a Novice I read the Holy words of Soldeuse written by the hand of the Usurper, when he still has been enlightened by Soldeus, and I still believe these are the words of Radiant lord himself.
    But as always Umbra has lurked in the shadow he found the way to Malachi mind and corrupted his spark with sin of lust of power, which have been the Dark ages of the Church of Soldeus. But we should not judge him for that and pray that the Usurper would be again ignited and guided be Soleus to the right path.

But the person of Lusius is still the incarnation of Soldeus in the scripture. But I will wait for the official explanation so they can guide me to the right path.

As for the Wessexe present in ESO i think we should not try to take the dogma of ESO for ours. All who are memmbers or wishes to join Wessexe should be taken the Church of Soldeus as their believes.
    I understand that in the faraway lands are different kind of people and believes and they are a might beings of enormous power but they are just lesser gods and about them is Soldeus Ultimate being of Light and in the shadow lures Umbra as the corrupter to which the beings are just servants of their will. So all wessex members shuld guide the prays to Soldeus and just see the ESO good gods (don’t remember the names) as the servants of Soleus and the Deidric as Servants of Umbra.

Looks like the church has to figure out whether Malachi and his words were corrupt already before the usurpation or if the usurpation marks the point at which he falls as an apostle.

Quote Originally Posted by Altus Whyte View Post
    Looks like the church has to figure out whether Malachi and his words were corrupt already before the usurpation or if the usurpation marks the point at which he falls as an apostle.
    Indeed.

It looks like it has reached a point where the Head of the Church, His Majesty, Duke of Wessex, would be required to make the executive decision on that. And as the Reverend Father Varrick has suggested a Fireside chat to clear up any misconceptions and disparities.

Thread Information