Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Call to Assize: Faeran Stonewall

Yes I did your Honour. The arbitration was between accusations and arguments surrounding being in RPK! while being a member of Wessex. The accusation was of murder by Faeran to Ternix. The end result was a status quo and both parties came to terms and made amends.

It is to be noted this result was due to a lack of evidence by either side and a lack of witnesses. It was my decision that nothing would come of the situation but both parties did make amends outside of the arbitration.

The court sustains the petition to replace juror Ternix Valerius. It is not proven that the juror is biased, however the dispute is a potential cause for it, meaning that another juror might as well be summoned as long as there are available candidates. The juror is relieved from his duty.

The petition to replace juror Keerav Surely is rejected. The problem here is that a jury is to consist of both peers and members of the neighborhood, meaning that a balance has to be found between the two. After replacing Ternix, there are no more MO-freemen to choose from, and a reputable commoner of the neighborhood is selected instead.

The petition to dismiss the case is rejected. This case raises two interesting issues, problems with multi-guilding and the lawfulness of killing other lawful individuals, both of which need to be looked at and have precedents set for them.

The court summons Azidano Valkran for jury duty.

Post an acknowledgment within 24 hours.

I acknowledge the summons for jury duty, however I would like to request that I be relieved of this duty. The reason being that I had an encounter with Faeran less than two day ago. Although the goods were returned and the situation cordially resolved, I still feel that it is a potential risk of bias there.

Alright, Azidano Valkran is relieved from jury duty.

The court summons Iseult Eleos for jury duty.

Post an acknowledgment within 24 hours.
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 01-16-2014 at 07:42 AM.

I, Iseult Eleos is present for duty as juror.

The defense has no more motions to modify the jury.

The jury has been assembled and the defendant has acknowledged the charge.

The plaintiff may go ahead and present his complaint and accusation. Describe what happened and the events leading up to it, with as much detail as possible. Post any evidence you might have.

Do so within 24 hours.
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 01-16-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Ladies and gentlemen of the court, I would like to thank you all for being here, and spending your own time to be part of this trial.

During the early afternoon of January 9th, 2014 I logged into my Mortal Online Character Zakiyya. I had logged in Bak'ti and was heading to the East Bank to ready myself to hunt for the day. I had not been really paying attention to the chat log in game and I had just logged in to the Duchy of Wessex Teamspeak channel.

As I was getting item from by bank I started taking damage. I looked around, trying to call the guards on my attacker. It wasn't until I looked at my chat log that I saw that my attacker was a character named Nareaf. I had never seen Nareaf before this time, and had no idea why I was being attacked. As I tried to run away, Nareaf continued to attack me. I did not pull a weapon, nor did I try to attack her back as I noticed she was blue shielded. I was killed just south of the bank. As I was in the afterlife, I checked to see if I was gray for some reason, which I was not which is evident in the screen captures.

I spoke with Ternix Valerius and Rhodri Taliesin of whom were in Teamspeak, yet were not in or around Bak'ti at the time, and they informed me to the War Deceleration we had with the guild RPK and also of how the mechanics of the war deceleration worked. I then informed them of how I was attacked by Nareaf, who at the time was a flagged RPK member. Ternix and Rhodri both told me how Nareaf was a character of Faeran Stonewall, whom is part of Wessex society and that she wasn't allowed to do such actions against a fellow Wessex member.

As soon as I re-spawned, Naerf ran up on me and hit me with another spell, corrupt. I never had a chance to run away or defend myself. She then told me to “Get geared an fight” as seen in the screen capture. Not wanting to aggravate her further, I did not reply to her and tried to carry on as I spoke to the members of the guild about what had happened. I checked my corpse in hopes of retrieving my gear, but she had taken all my armor and weapon from it, leaving me with nothing.

Soon after, I saw Nareaf on top of a building in Bak'ti, just above the North Bank and I asked her why she had attacked me. She simply laughed at me and didn't reply. I then asked for my gear that she took from me after she killed me, which she did return. I told her that she shouldn't kill players, as it might make people leave the game.

Afterwords myself logged out of the game for the day, being quite frustrated with the whole incident. I kept on team speak to speak with the members of the guild but did not go back on Zakiyya that day.

The defence can now go ahead an present its version of events.

Do so within 24 hours.

Closed Thread

Thread Information