Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Call to Assize: Faeran Stonewall

Default Call to Assize: Faeran Stonewall

Members of Wessex, on this day let it be known that a Court of Assize has been called.

Accused in this trial stands Faeran Stonewall, freewoman, for the crime of Murder.

Her accuser is Zakiyya Ajam. Zakiyya will be considered the Plaintiff in this case.

The defendant who has not given previous notice of absence from the guild has 48 hours to select a representative to respond in her stead or acknowledge she is aware of the crime she stands accused of and that she is prepared to defend herself pro se.

The defendant may also list witness' that may be called on her behalf. If this period passes without reply, the defendant shall be counted absent.

At this time the plaintiff may only post any witness' that he wishes to be called on his behalf. Any other information or claims must be held until evidence is presented.

The Carta Solis gives the defendant freeman the right to a jury of her peers and members of her neighbourhood. The jury has been chosen to meet these criteria to the greatest extent possible. The following persons have been selected to attend as jury, and are to make their presence known to the court:

-Caldros Valkran, Chancellor of Nave
    -Ternix Valerius, Clerk
    -Keerav Surely, Villein
    -Aelian Valkran, Clerk

Each person called to jury duty needs to post within the next 24 hours simply by making acknowledgment in this thread. If any person cannot be available, they must make it known at this time so they can be replaced. Further instructions will be given to the jury once it is assembled.

All sides are prohibited from discussing the specifics of the case with any members of the jury under any circumstances until the trial has concluded. Jury tampering will be dealt with harshly.

This trial is open to the view of the public.

Sub Signum Rex.

I present myself for duty as juror.

Present.

I am present as juror.

Thank you Sheriff Altus Whyte and the jury for your time in this case.

I am present and I appoint Kreager Stonewall to represent me.

Zakiyya Ajam is present.

Present

The court accepts that Kreager Stonewall has been chosen to represent the defence.

If either party has to make any petitions (requests for a certain action by the court) regarding the jury, do so within 12 hours so that we can get started.
    Last edited by Altus Whyte; 01-14-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Kreager Stonewall present, representing Faeran Stonewall, Freewoman of Wessex.

Due to recent previous encounters between Ternix and Fae(which was Arbitrated by Caldros and company on the local level), I would like to petition the court to seek a new jury member as with tempers flaring for that conflict, this would provide a perfect way to extract revenge. (Summed up reason: Biased Juror)

Due to the Term peer, We would like to petition the court to replace Villein Keerav, in search of a Freeman, to fill the roll of jury of Faerans Peers.

Upon completion I would like to Petition a motion to dismiss this trail before wasting anymore of your time, your most honorable Sherrif. This motion is because there was not proper notifications on the forums mentioning the new recruit being a part of wessex. How is someone in a guild, with three wardecs, suppose to be able to identify a member of wessex who is not making there tag visible, and whom had not post in the new recruits thread as of that day.

The court calls Caldros to testify:

Did you arbitrate a dispute between Faeran and Ternix? If yes, what was it about?

Respond within 24 hours.

Closed Thread

Thread Information