Thread: Dyeing

Threaded View

Default Dyeing

Much to my disbelief, it seems (at the risk of speaking too soon) that SV may actually have finally fixed dyeing. Below we see the lovely Charybdis DaMortas modelling the boho chic rags and the practical-but-stylish heavy robes, both presented in this season's must-have shade of Jamburra Green.

I haven't yet experimented with the effects on all the different gear, but if anyone wants dyeing done, Charybdis is now permanently based in Bakti. You just need to provide 1,000 of whatever dye source you choose. The possibilities are shown here http://www.mortaldata.com/calculators/dye-calculator/
    but ignore everything except those that give a strong, deep colour in the 2nd column of clours. The pale shades are next to useless.

For those that are not aware, once you have put the dye into the dye tub there is no limit to the number of items that can be dyed. Once the dye tub interface is closed, however, all the dye is lost. It makes sense, therefore, to dye as many items as possible with each batch.

If we want to consider some standard Wessex gear dyed to a uniform colour then it should be quite easy to arrange.

I already had 1,000 Myrland Rose so I have prepared a batch of bright red that can be used as needed.
    Last edited by Camarro Valkran; 12-29-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Thread Information