Closed Thread

Thread: Oaths of Office - Caldros Valkran, Clerk

Default Oaths of Office - Caldros Valkran, Clerk

After having been granted permission by Constable Sir Otto Osterwind to be relieved of my duties as Reeve and take upon the duties of Clerk;

I, Caldros Valkran, do swear to be faithful to His Majesty the King of Hyperion, and to the Chancellor, and the Chamberlain, and to the Bailiff of the Realm; to Yeomen and Burgesses, and to all the Good People of Wessex at all times and in all duties associated with the office of Clerk, performing them without fear or favoritism or hatred and without outside influence.

I shall be obedient to our Sovereign, Chamberlain, Chancellor and Bailiff, and write true records, and give honest counsel whenever I am asked or ordered to do so; and I shall perform all other duties that are associated with the office of Clerk of the Ducal Court.

I will not spread among His Majesty our King, the Chancellor, Chamberlain, Bailiff, Yeoman and Burgesses any inaccurate, distorted or false report on any matter with which I have official dealings, but without any fraud will communicate information accurately to the best of my knowledge between the degrees of the Kingdom.

In all matters I will behave efficiently but disinterestedly towards Yeomen, Burgesses and villeins of every degree, and to the community, whether in writing, examining, reporting or any other action required by my official duties.

I will reveal to no-one the deliberations of the same, to the damage or discredit of the Kingdom. If I know or learn of anything which I believe may bring harm or disgrace to the Kingdom, I will warn His Majesty, or one of the Cabinet Officers or Yeomen whom I consider will be willing and able to help me remedy the situation as is best.

I shall not stir up discord or dissension between the Officers of the Cabinet, the Yeomen and degrees of the boroughs and community, or between any of their members, either openly or secretly; if I become aware of any such discords or dissensions I shall do my best to quell them, and may for the purpose of such suppression reveal my knowledge of them to others who may be able to assist in the suppression. So help me Our Radiant Lord God.

Caldros Valkran

By my hand and the Wyvern Seal of Wessex, the College of Arms finds this Oath to be given in good order, and it is hereby recorded.

May the Radiant Lord shine brightly upon the His Grace the Duke, upon Caldros Valkran, and upon all these desmesnes and the good people therein.

Levald Aurelius
    Herald Emcee

of the College of Arms
    of the Duchy of Wessex

Closed Thread

Thread Information