+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camarro DaMortas, may it please the assembled worthies

Default Camarro DaMortas, may it please the assembled worthies

Just a few words by way of introduction and as request to join the famed ranks of the Duchy of Wessex.

In real life I am male and old enough to know better than to spend hours on computer games... not saying how old, but I saw the Ramones live at their first UK gig.

I have played a lot of MMOs... sometimes for light entertainment, such as WoW (which I still believe is a better game than many give it credit for) but my real love is for sandbox worlds. Darkfall on and off over the years. I was also a senior officer in a large corp in EVE until it stopped being a game and started being a job, at which point I roleplayed my exit by engineering a major incident *ahem*

I have been playing MO on a pretty much daily basis for about 6 months, and now have a total of 9 characters across two P2P and two F2P accounts. I am by nature a Grumpy Old Man and tend to lone wolf a lot, but I felt it was time to actually commit to a group in MO and contribute something. The Duchy of Wessex seemed to be the only group with some sort of ethos beyond "we like killing stuff" so I thought I might try to inflict myself on you.

With deepest respect & c..
    Camarro DaMortas

Thank you for the interest in The Duchy, I'm sure as soon as one of our clerks is around they will make sure to get you all sorted out. Feel free to visit our TS and Poke any member of Wessex. See you on there soon!

Hi Camarro DaMortas,

I'm happy to see more interest is coming from members of the Mortal Online community in joining Wessex. I hope this is because we have given you a great first impression in-game, and I hope you will continue to like Wessex into the Future. I too also played EVE Online and was a CEO of a small PvP Corporation, and experienced the same frustrations with it turning into a job.

The Duchy of Wessex is more then just another random Guild with morals. It operates under the Feudal System, with practical role-playing positions. Now though there may be some in the Guild with the "We like killing stuff" mentally, including myself, this does not go to say we forgo diplomacy or reason, much like your impression of us seems to indicate. A lot of the Guild is quite "young" in comparison to how "old" your making yourself out to be. Though, I hope this doesn't encourage your Grumpy Old Man attitude and helps you become more involved with the Guild, as opposed to operating as a Lone Wolf. I leave that to you.

Lastly, we use Teamspeak to Communicate, something I'm sure you're used to using, if not Ventrilo. The Teamspeak address can be found on the forums. I would encourage you to read as much as possible about the Guild as you can, there is a lot of Structure, and Lore to benefit you. After that, much like Mr. Kreager has said, you will be sorted out once our clerk, Mr. Ternix Osterwind, gets around to it.

Good hunting, and I hope to see, and hear from you, soon.

Thank you for the welcome - here, in game and on TS. I have done some reading about the Duchy of Wessex, and I am sure I will learn the lore, together with my responsibilities, as time goes on.

Just a couple of practical questions:
    Should I be looking to make Bakti my main base of operations?
    Should I be bringing my other characters into the guild, or is there an advantage to leaving some of them out?

Quote Originally Posted by Camarro DaMortas View Post
    Just a couple of practical questions:
    Should I be looking to make Bakti my main base of operations?
    Should I be bringing my other characters into the guild, or is there an advantage to leaving some of them out?
    It is highly advisable, especially if you plan on joining the Ducal Garrison, to base yourself out of Bakti along with the Guild, but it is not necessary should you be looking at other ventures. The only problem is, you will be alone and with limited help from the Guild, and its resources.

It is not necessary to bring your other characters into the Guild unless you want to, or see need to. The benefits to not having them as part of the Guild is so that should the Guild get WarDeced, you can still use your crafter/miner/butcher/etc. without fear of death in town.

I've made the move to Bakti and reviewed what all my characters do. In view of this, I would like to request acceptance into the Duchy of Wessex on behalf of my half-Sister, Maurgana DaMortas. She is training in the arcane arts, and has some skill with animals.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information