+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are Sea Battles a thing anymore?

*dies*

Passers-by?
    Casilda Tametomo, Herald of the Aegis Imperium,
    «Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser, Bettler oder Kaiser? Ob Arm, ob Reich, im Tode gleich.

Varrick ChaosWielder is offline Former Parson of the Holy Church of Sol Invictus
    Convicted of treason by His Grace, Bernardo Orienne
    Esteemed Guest

Aye indeed. I have declared Cairn to be Holy Ground, and to worship Soldeus' avatar taken form upon the Continent. In his infinite wisdom, Soldeus has granted us a way to purify our inner spark. And thus he sent forward Shorax, The Flame-Wrought, mightiest of Red Dragons! The faithful can withstand his fire, and it shall melt away their sin's. Those not so pure of heart... get a quick trip back home. But the infidels pillage our lands. All those who dare attempt to defy the Holy Grounds are enemies of the Faith. And thus we send forth Pirate ships to plunder all who dare approach our islands. Our mighty warriors patrol in large groups the island, ensuring the Faithful can pray in peace. Those that are not here for peace, find that they can leave in pieces. Small ones. Very small ones.
    Yours respectfully in Soldeus,
    His Excellency, The Reverend Father Varrick ChaosWielder, Abbot of the Church of Soldeus
    Head of the Church of Soldeus|The Parson of Nave|Retired Chancellor of Wessex
    http://s10.postimg.org/pnqxqqgvt/var...oswielder2.png

Back from my trip to London (St. Albans actually) and I see we now have 2 new ships in game, both with multiple cannons. So ship battles are definitely an active part of the game. :-D
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

Are they still annoying to make? Nihilanth and I used to pillage sea villages to fund our ships while playing DF1 in Daneslaw. It was a thousand times easier to just save up money like that and buy them already built than to build them ourselves or through the guild.

Varrick ChaosWielder is offline Former Parson of the Holy Church of Sol Invictus
    Esteemed Guest

Right now its raining ship modules to make them So its easy as hell to get them, and we have a few ship builders in the clan.
    His Excellency, The Reverend Father Varrick ChaosWielder, Abbot of the Church of Soldeus

So basically the Reverend father came up with a loop-hole that makes being a pirating violent RPK perfectly holy and legitimate.
    It's like the crusades all over again, except with boats so it's somewhat cooler.

And that's why he is the Reverend Father.
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirus Altruist View Post
    So basically the Reverend father came up with a loop-hole that makes being a pirating violent RPK perfectly holy and legitimate.
    It's like the crusades all over again, except with boats so it's somewhat cooler.
    In a word, "framing".

And everything is cooler in boats.
    Casilda Tametomo, Herald of the Aegis Imperium,
    «Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser, Bettler oder Kaiser? Ob Arm, ob Reich, im Tode gleich.

Darkfall sounds fun.

Esteemed Guest

Yes, I spend most my time in the waters near the holy island... I guess you could say I hang out in the Holy Sea *laughs at the bad pun*

Thread Information