+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taxes, Resources, and Denaris!

Default Taxes, Resources, and Denaris!

Any government, big or small, has to have resources to run on. I think we all agree on that. It appears there is talk within the Imperium of taxes, and the only way I can see this being successful is if it is done at the militia level.

For us, this does not matter as we have already decided that we will be contributing to the alliance as a whole. I wanted to post those details.

• I will be collecting donations from members of Wessex. These will go into a bag I have labeled "Donations".
    • Every week I will tabulated what is in this bag, and post the balance.
    • I will then take 80% of the donations in this bag and pass it on to the Imperium. The remaining 20% will go into a bag named "Wessex".
    • The contents of the Wessex bag will be used for our Militia, and hopefully, for our clan "The Duchy of Wessex".
    • The balance of the "Wessex" bag will also be posted weekly.
    • I would recommend that everyone donate based on your own conscience. I am going to imposing a 25% tax on myself for the donations bag, which I will also tabulate weekly.

Current Donations Balance
    The list of donations can be found here: http://www.imperium-uw.com/clan-dona...-lsv-t803.html

Current Wessex Balance
    Item Balance
    Gold 1008
    Refined, Iron 38
    Refined, Wood 54
    Refined, Cloth 56
    Refined, Leather 135
    Raw, Ore 117
    Raw, Timber 0
    Raw, Cotton 119
    Raw, Rawhide 0
    Essence, Seletine 25
    Essence, Veilron 18
    Essence, Leenspar 6
    Essence, Neithal
    Essence, Theyril 6
    Steedgrass 10
    Saddles 10
    Mounts 19
    Arrows 1063
    Salvage 290 weight
    Last edited by Azzerhoden Razeri; 05-07-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

The current focus of the Imperium is to build out our capital. We need Iron Ore and Lumber for building mods for Calfardar! Please make this your focus.

UPDATED TITLE.

It appears we are implementing the Denari system within Imperium.

With that in mind, lets discuss this further, but I think we should consider just doing what we were going to do, and exchanging our Imperium contribution for Denari's that we can then use to purchase goods for ourselves.

Varrick ChaosWielder is offline Former Parson of the Holy Church of Sol Invictus
    Convicted of treason by His Grace, Bernardo Orienne
    Esteemed Guest

Sigh. So those of us who spent their first week just gathering mats to donate to the clan.. just got screwed. We now have to pay for the high end stuff, but bled ourselves dry to donate to crafters and city.. to GET them to the point they could help us... but now even if we have 100% of the mats.. we have to pay anyways. Yes, its a further "tax", but the only reason they can levy that tax is because people like us donated in the first place. Not very happy about this.

Im not going to charge Wessex members to craft.
    Last edited by Varrick ChaosWielder; 04-29-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Yours respectfully in Soldeus,
    His Excellency, The Reverend Father Varrick ChaosWielder, Abbot of the Church of Soldeus
    Head of the Church of Soldeus|The Parson of Nave|Retired Chancellor of Wessex
    http://s10.postimg.org/pnqxqqgvt/var...oswielder2.png

I guess it depends on how you view things. To me I don't think we got screwed at all. We contributed to the cause.

Varrick ChaosWielder is offline Former Parson of the Holy Church of Sol Invictus
    Esteemed Guest

I ensured contribution of nearly 10k Iron/Stone/Wood/Cotton and 19k Gold. Thats a lot of ressources. And to tell me that if I need one of our crafters to make a set of armor, to donate even more? I am pretty insulted. Yes, I contributed. They always said those that contributed will reap the rewards. The reward is.... to pay like everyone else. I feel lied too. I dont like being lied too. It shows a lack of character and attributes that I personally frown upon. The main thing I seek in a guild is TRUST. I need to be able to TRUST my clan mates. I trust Wessex. Imperium has proven 4 times now to be untrustable. 3 bags stolen, and now this "tax" to the heavy contributors and everyone else. I am HIGHLY considering invoking my right as member of the Church to seperate myself and found the Church of Wessex, full vassals of His Majesty. Its a step I rather not take, but I can not abide to be lied to and stolen from.
    His Excellency, The Reverend Father Varrick ChaosWielder, Abbot of the Church of Soldeus

Quote Originally Posted by Varrick ChaosWielder View Post
    I ensured contribution of nearly 10k Iron/Stone/Wood/Cotton and 19k Gold. Thats a lot of ressources. And to tell me that if I need one of our crafters to make a set of armor, to donate even more? I am pretty insulted. Yes, I contributed. They always said those that contributed will reap the rewards. The reward is.... to pay like everyone else. I feel lied too. I dont like being lied too. It shows a lack of character and attributes that I personally frown upon. The main thing I seek in a guild is TRUST. I need to be able to TRUST my clan mates. I trust Wessex. Imperium has proven 4 times now to be untrustable. 3 bags stolen, and now this "tax" to the heavy contributors and everyone else.
    The Imperium has over 350 members in it, and because of the actions of a very few - you condemn all?

Quote Originally Posted by Varrick ChaosWielder View Post
    I am HIGHLY considering invoking my right as member of the Church to seperate myself and found the Church of Wessex, full vassals of His Majesty. Its a step I rather not take, but I can not abide to be lied to and stolen from.
    I guess you can do what you want, but considering that His Majesty has fully invested the running of the Duchy of Wessex to Sir Audin, and that Sir Audin has constantly put the good of the Duchy in Darkfall ahead of his own development, and continues to put an extraordinary amount of time into the Imperium, all I can say to you is, "Good Luck With That".

Esteemed Guest

Sir Audin has done a FANTASTIC job. I do not doubt his skills in the least, in fact I applaud the man. What I do doubt is the integrity of a few of the chosen officers (who are the only one's with bank access and to do these policy's). It is also the main reason I support the idea of all donations now being funelled to you so it doesn't happen again.

If I leave, and I truly do not wish too, it is just something I must entertain, as you know I have taken a Vow of Faith. That means I will not abide to dishonesty and those that show they lack virtue. I trust in Sir Audin and see only a shinning example of Virtue. But the other officers... I do not know. If I do leave, I would do so alone. The Church is its own legal entity by our own laws. That also does not permit me to recruit other Wessex'ians, as I would take ressources from His Majesty. I would never even DARE to even entertain taking from His Majesty. I would be alone, with my morals intact. The question is.. Are we able to find the thief and clean up the officer list so that it is indeed all as virtuous as Sir Audin?

Thread Information