+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Launch date April 16th

Default Launch date April 16th

Tasos has announced the launch date on the beta forums. April 16th.

Couple weeks out. People still have plenty of time to test in that time frame. Players can gain 20k Prowess with a couple days easy if grouped together.

Tasos announces wobble improvement and 50k prowess to test end game.

Too bad the game has so little content top it with lazy design decisions like shrinked world and no races and the result is an all time low interest for darkfall.

I try to refrain from posting here, since Darkfall is an "old flame" for me, and my current views are not positive. However, I will duck in to say that my previous guild of die-hards has almost completely lost interest, to a level that surprises even me.

He-who-was-once-known-as-Rimamok

Quote Originally Posted by Aikar Walmoor View Post
    Too bad the game has so little content top it with lazy design decisions like shrinked world and no races and the result is an all time low interest for darkfall.
    Thanks for your valuable input.... I didn't know you had been beta testing the last 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargar Red View Post
    I try to refrain from posting here, since Darkfall is an "old flame" for me, and my current views are not positive. However, I will duck in to say that my previous guild of die-hards has almost completely lost interest, to a level that surprises even me.

He-who-was-once-known-as-Rimamok
    You should try out the game and make your own conclusions. AV has made great improvements since the beginning of Beta and I don't see them stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Audin Cardew View Post
    You should try out the game and make your own conclusions. AV has made great improvements since the beginning of Beta and I don't see them stopping.
    I did try DFUW, actually, and it was frankly, not even the least bit to my taste. If it were anything remotely resembling DF1, I'd be there now most likely, since the archery changes in MO have me gouging my own flesh. Admittedly I haven't been back to DFUW in 2 months, but I've been listening to the updates and I get a very different impression than "great improvements". Unfortunately I only have so much time for gaming, and so often need to make decisions based on partial information.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargar Red View Post
    I did try DFUW, actually, and it was frankly, not even the least bit to my taste. If it were anything remotely resembling DF1, I'd be there now most likely, since the archery changes in MO have me gouging my own flesh. Admittedly I haven't been back to DFUW in 2 months, but I've been listening to the updates and I get a very different impression than "great improvements". Unfortunately I only have so much time for gaming, and so often need to make decisions based on partial information.
    That's unfortunate you haven't had time to test the latest state of the game. The improvements I am referring to would be the performance and games changes based on beta feedback. At the beginning of beta there were a ton of bugs/crashes but now they have cleaned that up and the game is much more enjoyable.

That being said, I suggest giving it another go with the free 50k prowess. Your perception may change.

When I get back home I'll login and see if I am committed to playing a warrior.

As for the other comments - I could easily share my thoughts of Mortal Online, yet I don't out of respect for the players in this guild who enjoy it.

As for the negative comments relating to Darkfall on the Darkfall forums, most come from players who no longer can use a huge macro to do all their fighting, and dislike the limitations around their jack-rabbit combat style.

Frankly, in my opinion, the only real shortfall in DFUW is that players are allowed to move and fire missile weapons and spells. However, without that feature DF would be an entirely different game.

Finally, I will just say that by far and away the largest reason players have not been logging into Darkfall is because there was no purpose to logging in. This would be the third (or fourth) time I went about the process of building up a character. The public beta went on far too long, but then they had major issues to fix and have done so.
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information