Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Servers up!

Default Servers up!

log, play kill go go

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

Is this the build with the item loss fix or is this the build that they are gonna wipe again in a few days?

The build they are going to wipe.

However, I have discovered something that may be better for us then hitting Chaos Chests. The treasure chests appear to be tied to the character, so potentially any number of characters can hit them and get gold. The amount is random, so if we hit them in mass, we may get enough gold to start the guild right then.

They also apparently set a random respawn timer. It is posted they can refresh as often as 20 minutes. I have a macro running that goes through the common 5 spells, then hits the F key. I let it run for 2 hours while I watched a movie and picked over 1,000 gold.
    Lord Azzerhoden Razeri, Viscount of Wessex, Bt.

Sounds cheating to me even it wouldnt be against rules.
    < Amethys> We should all hate God Nahjo now, he stole our boats.

If it isn't against the rules, it is not cheating, it is tactics. And its effectively an arms race, all the other sides will be doing whatever they can to get an edge, and if we do not we will be left behind.

Azz: Do you have locations for some of these chests? Are they static?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They are static. There is one in the back of the zombie temple near the starting human city.

There is also one in the bottom of the mine shaft in Idawoll.

I also ran my macro over an armor chest last night and picked up a few things that I was going to note the stats on. I was hoping for some spell caster gear, since it appears there are two tiers missing from the crafting recipes. No luck there, but I did pick up a Leanspar shield. Requires 120 strength to wield.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethys Reddawn View Post
    Sounds cheating to me even it wouldnt be against rules.
    I can understand how my brief post may appear to be taking advantage of a bug or something if you haven't had a chance to be in beta yet. Here's what they are: AV has put these Treasure Chests in spots in the protection areas (possibly elsewhere but I have not seen them yet). They give a random amount of gold, and have a random refresh rate. The chest I just hit gave me 4 gold. In general they are designed to add a bit more reward for those who explore or hunt mobs. I just sat over one testing it while I watched a movie.

The results is that out of a maximum of 6 refreshes (and as few as 2), I picked up over 1K in gold. Therefore, if we all hit the chest there is a good chance we can get the guild started right away.

After that, I am still not sure how valuable gold is, except for crafting goods. I tested buying a spell yesterday with prowess points, and was successful. And I discovered that you can make the elemental dust using gold, sulfer, and mandrake. A success gives you 4 dust, where as the same amount of gold only buys you 1 from a vendor.

NA Server is now down. It was in Admin mode for a few minutes prior to going down, so this may be the patch.

No word yet on the DF forums.

UPDATE: Now in admin mode
    Last edited by Azzerhoden Razeri; 12-28-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Official Word:
    ----
    A patch will be going in tonight, our ETA to be up and running is about one hour. Servers are wiped. There are temporary fixes in this patch which take care of some persistence issues. These are hopefully enough to avoid wiping until a permanent fix in the form of the persistence system completely re-written is implemented. This is a major task and should take a few more days, we weren't able to finish it by today as we hoped to.

This is what's in the patch:
    • Fixes for some client crashes
    • Various GUI fixes
    • Various fixes to server persistence
    • Some animation fixes
    • Various fixes to the world
    • Various adjustments of environmental sound

We'll keep you updated with any new information.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=349215

Sounds like good news overall, except for the new wipe in a few days part, but a few days is longer than the 24 hours we had last time. Hopefully the temporary persistance fixes work.

Servers are now up!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information