+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Darkfall UW - Wipe or no wipe?

Yeah, I always wondered about that choice as I was used to think of his grace as Manus. For a while I thought maybe I had missed something somewhere in the lore texts of Wessex >.> or perhaps that he had the same problem that Haeso did during the launch. But it was the profanity filter. Aha. :O

Speaking of Haeso. Is he on the mailing list and is there a chance he'll return for Darkfall: Unholy Wars? I think it would be fun to play on the same team this time around.

Also, what about Sempiternam? ... Good 'ol times. I remember the one single time I came to Long March for a trade. I was trading with someone and Haeso and Sempiternam were near the bank and he asked her to go with him for an evening stroll. Lol, that was so epic.. And I must have been green of pure jealousy. Here they were standing in Long March at the center of civilization and having fun roleplaying, romantically even! Meanwhile, I was an outcast from the Duchy of Wessex having to live out chaos stones on Yssam in the far corner of the corner continent Yssam, even. Far away from the Duchy of Wessex and the reach of Hyperion's KOS list. ..And the only way to get to a bank for me was to sneak into an enemy holding because the entire continent was owned by one alliance and I couldn't establish any reasonable diplomacy without them asking me to stop PvPing on the entire island. And I couldn't get a holding either with my gang of tribesmen. Meanwhile Haeso could hit the royal grove in Long March and kiss the finest maiden of the kingdom!

Yeah... That truly sucked.
    Well, at least I got to prove myself and redeem my honor later on and it made it a lot more bearable that I had a KDR of 34,0 around this time. Over 1000 kills and just below 30 deaths. And I didn't farm alignment or get any free kills at the chaos city. It was just a lot of concentrated playing the game in a harsh and desolate environment, where I was always at risk and had to be careful. I had to kill people to bank my PvE loot that I would need badly to buy steedgrass for the excessive amount of mounts I would use, kill people farming my spots when they would have help in the nearby settlement, sneak around the entire time, hit & run and have fun. .. So at least Yssam kept me busy. ^.^

By the way, I've edited my signature in anticipation for Hyperion's return to Darkfall and my participation in it! I like the way it turned out, hope you like it
    Last edited by Celiah Ailey; 10-10-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Why no coloured text?

Glad there is a wipe tbh.

Heya celiah

I'm with Zyconnic, you let me down Celiah.

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

Sempiternam and Haeso are definitely around...A little bit of colored text would have been nice though...

Lol

*Sigh*, coloured text... ^.^
    Okay, maybe next time.

Ps: Hi Aikar, Zyconnic and Cyndane.

Wasn't it you who beat Haeso in a 1v1 duel? Something with you spamming mounts all the time and being better "prepared".. What fun that thread was xD

oh yes.. I found it... with Celiah commentary

Here

Manus Dei is offline His Majesty, King Manus of Hyperion
    Duke of Wessex
    Count of Elba
    Grand Master of the Solar Legion

lol Yeah. And what do you bet that duel and its repercussions was taken account into the "re-dev" of DFUW?

Well, I don't know. It's been so long ago. I've always hoped there would be room for cavalry specializations in an expansion to Darkfall, but there has never been anything apart from adding new mounts, but that's not what I was hoping for. The devs only nerfed the playstyle and dumbed down mounts to a feeble situational role. I tried for a long time to stay on my horse, but it got increasingly harder to play like that when AoE spells and witches brew became standard. Perhaps Darkfall Unholy Wars will feature a cavalry specialization, but we have heard nothing about it. I suppose it's not going to happen. However, maybe the entire redesign of the combat system will somehow affect the effectiveness of mounted combat and it will be viable again. We'll have to wait and see. Why, did you have something particular in mind?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information